Chapter 15: A Visiting Admin (Part 2)

Xisuma had found Ren's base empty. The tall tower he had built was absolutely destroyed. Planks and logs scattered the island and the tower smelt of burnt oak and ash, and Xisuma became panicked. It wasn't until a few minutes after exploring the island he had remembered the Boomer accident that had ultimately ended in the demolition of the upper half of his base.

The admin had moved on, knowing the hermits had been, mostly, fine in the accident and that Ren had simply gone closer to the Jungle crew.

He was on to Beef's city now, 3 Fox Hole. It wasn't completed, but Beef had been working hard and Xisuma was sure at least the NHO would be here. He glided out of the portal near the edge of the city and flew overhead, looking down for any players.

He spotted both Keralis and Beef on one of the roofs of a sky-scraper. He landed near and the other two hermits greeted him cheerily. They looked well, if a bit sunburnt. There was a makeshift desk one of them had set up, and it was littered with papers and schematics. He approached the hermits.

As he walked closer, he spotted Etho - sitting up on one of the pipes lacing the roof. He was lazily watching the group and he gave a nod to the admin when they made eye contact.

"Hello Shishwammy!" Keralis cheered, giving him a wide smile.

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" Beef placed down the papers he had been holding.

"Just checking in on everyone," Xisuma greeted, "I heard there might be quite a few hermits holed up here."

Beef nodded, "Yeah, I didn't expect so many visitors," he chuckled nervously, "Stress was by too, she brought us some potions."

"And snacks!" Keralis chimed.

"That's good!" Xisuma smiled, Keralis' energy was contagious, "Who's all here?"

Beef paused, thinking, "Well us three, and then Doc, Scar, and Ren are downtown. It was too bright way up here for them - Bdubs said he'd come visit later today."

Xisuma nodded, "Alright, I'd like to keep tabs on everyone. What are you two working on?"

Keralis lifted one of the blueprints and handed it over to the admin. Xisuma scanned it, it was a mixture of both hermits styles - Keralis' choppy shapes and admirable details as well as Beef's larger shapes with smoother lines.

It was a fine bit of order and regularity in the chaos that the server had recently been in. It was a nice build too, another large skyscraper to add to the building - one even taller than the others and far more ambitious.

"It looks great, I like the pallet of this whole city, Beef."

Beef flushed slightly, running a hand through his hair. "Thanks, it's definetly got the whole... dark city vibe, yeah? Much different from the hacienda."

"Very nice!" Keralis smiled.

"I like it." Etho spoke from behind them, now half leaning off of the pipe. "Looks good"

Xisuma looked up at the man, nearly forgetting the man was there. "How are you Etho? I didn't really expect you to be way out here."

The man shrugged, "I'm fine. Just didn't feel like being alone."

Xisuma gave him a sympathetic smile before handing back the schematics to Beef. "Well, you three stay safe. I'm going to go check on how the others downtown are doing."

Keralis' smiled dipped for a moment, "Oh-okay! We'll head down there once we finish with this," he shook the papers and Beef nodded. Etho rolled back over onto the pipe and gave the admin a thumbs up, pulling out his communicator.