Chapter 20: Canon Interactions

[Author's note: Oct. 16, 2021]

This one has some violence against a monster in the first section and mentions of blood and injury, nothing too wild. I'll have a short summary at the end for those that want to skip that part (skip to the next section in this chapter -> this symbol ->  *:・゚✧*:・゚) 

——— 🌿 ———

The dangers of Hels went far beyond the NPCs that lived there. 

Sure, the helsians themselves usually presented danger - led by violence and the desire for power, but nothing compared to the mindless bloodlust of a stray helsbeast. 

They could be anywhere from a small 5 foot tall beast to a massive, towering 20 foot behemoth depending on the species. Sharp teeth matched with lengthy claws and overwhelming strength created a killing monster led only by a lust for food and blood. 

Bodies were never found in the forest.. maybe some scraps or trinkets left behind - but an NPC was a meal for the violent beasts, a meal that would not be wasted. 

That was why Evil Xisuma wasn't afraid to admit he was nervous. Helsknight was too prideful though, not that he'd admit that either. 

"Duck!" The knight yelled as the sharp, spiked tail of helsbeast swung over both their heads. 

Both men dropped down, barely avoiding the danger. The creature roared in fury, turning back towards the men with teeth bared. Hels stood and raised his sword, glaring down the monster. 

It was one of the larger beasts, at least 10 foot at the shoulder with a massive head filled with rows of sharp teeth. It resembled a dragon - almost - with a pointed snout and scaly body.  It's yellow eyes stared in pure animalistic instinct as it lunged once again. 

Helsknight rolled to the side, avoiding a swipe from powerful claws. He landed under the beast's stomach, and raised his sword with both hands, plunging it into the exposed belly. The beast let out another roar, shaking the earth beneath then. 

He rotated the sword slightly, listening to the crunch of scales twisting as the blade moved. Blood pooled around the injury, dripping down onto the man's helmet. 

Evil X took his chance, running to the beast with his own weapon out, a custom spear with a red blade, bright and sparking with electrical currents from his own magic. He jumped, pulling the spear back as he narrowed in on the beasts head. 

It was distracted by the pain in it's stomach and Evil took the opportunity to dig the spear directly into the beast's muzzle - sinking through it's soft palate and out the other side of it's mouth. 

With a pained rumble, the beast stomped back, nearly trampling Hels in the process. Evil waited a split second - balancing himself with the handle of the spear before tugging it back out, a trail of blood following the weapon. 

Hels ran out from under the beast, his blood-coated sword in his hand tucked close as he dodged the monster's feet. He prepped the weapon again, watching closely for the perfect moment to strike. Right as... 

The beast let out another roar, red pouring from the side of it's mouth. It's neck began to glow - a bright blue color as it summoned it's next magical attack. Both Hels and Evil took the chance, lunging to the exposed area. 

Hels brought his sword from underneath, stabbing the softer skin between the opening of two scales, they chipped away almost immediately, and Evil wasted no time to dig the end off his spear into the skin. A bolt of raw electricity traveled through the spear and through the beast, blood spattering out as it trembled and struggled to get away from the weaponry.