Chapter 34: Fallen Kingdom

It was a bit odd that only Xisuma, Scar, and xB came to greet him. Wels wasn't expecting any sort of.. grand welcome, but the thought that the hermits were too busy grieving to come see him was upsetting.

Well, perhaps they just didn't know he was leaving soon. They thought they had the rest of the season, or at least until the memorial. The goal was to leave before that, he didn't want to be involved in anything that emotional.

He stretched, putting the shulker he was loading away. Xisuma had let him use any resources from the admin's base - and Wels couldnt be more grateful. He had potions, weapons, armor, food, totems, rockets, torches, everything he could even think of.

The last time he had gone to Hels wasn't... completely horrible. But he wasn't sure how much it had changed in the years since he'd been there. He grasped a Totem of Undying and latched it around his neck to a chain, tucking the charm into his armor.

"Wow," A voice spoke behind him, "You've gone on to looting quick."

The knight jumped, whipping around to see Etho and Beef behind him. Etho had spoke, looking over at the open shulker that Wels had been prepping.

"I'm not-" Wels cleared his throat, "I'm not looting! I have X's permission."

"Riiiight," Beef smirked, "Why do you need that much stuff anyway?" his smile dropped, "You just got here, are you leaving again?"

Wels frowned under the gaze of both men, glancing to the side, "I only stopped by to see how everyone was doing. I can't stay long and I'm not sure when I'll be back."

The other hermits pouted, even Etho's mask crinkled as he frowned.

"Seriously?" He asked.

"When are you leaving?" Beef stepped closer, crossing his arms over his chest. "Has X told you about the memorial? It's a big tribute - you're gonna stay for that, right?"

Wels shook his head, "I'm sorry, guys, I'm leaving as soon as I can. I'm in a sort of rush, y'know."

Etho and Beef shared a glance before the latter let out a dissatisfied sigh. He looked back to Wels before offering a weak smile, "Can you at least come over for dinner tonight? The NHO and a couple of the others are gonna be there - it's be a great chance to say hi! ... and bye.."

The knight blinked and stared back into the shulker before his guilt won.

"Okay, I can probably do that. I'll leave afterwards."

A smile took over Beef's face and he knocked the hermit on the shoulder, "There ya go! We look forward to seein you!"

Etho nodded, "Yeah, it's been too long, man."

"Of course," Wels smiled back, "I've got to keep packing for now."

Etho put his hand on Beef's shoulder, "Of course, of course," he looked to the bearded hermit, "C'mon man - lets give him some space."

"Oh, yeah," Beef stepped back and both men headed towards the exit, "See you tonight, Wels!"

"I'll be there!"

Wels let out a breath as the two hermits flew away. He didn't really have time for dinner, especially if it involved questioning - but it was the best he could do. The hermits were his friends, and he couldn't let them down.

Hopefully, wherever Grian was, he'd be okay for a little longer.

A thin line of a sun trickled through the exit of Xisuma's base catching Wels' attention. He glanced outside before taking his shulker and stepping out.