Chapter 21: A Visiting Admin ( Part 5 - Finale (finally) )

[Author's note: Oct. 23, 2021]

AHHH sorry this one took so long! School is exhausting me and writing so many chaps so fast wore me out. Luckily, I'm DONE with Xisuma flying around and meeting every hermit - those chapters get so hard to write after FIVE of them xD So, I should get back on a better schedule now LOL sorry again! 

Hope you enjoy this chap!! More soooon!!

——— 🌿 ———

The village Bdubs had been building was impossible to miss. The large structures towered over the skyline and Xisuma admired the stunning pallets and complex shapes.

He drifted around the village, eyes and ears pealed, searching for Bdubs, or anyone else who may be staying nearby. He could see the very starts of the castle on the hill - but it didn't seem Bdubs was working there either. There was a single, "Scar for Mayor" poster with fraying edges, billowing in the breeze.

He frowned, it would take forever to try and find a single player within all these buildings... he had already messaged Bdubs and the man didn't respond.

"Bdubs!!!" he heard someone else calling the players name. It sounded like Scar.

He launched a rocket towards the sound, gliding over and spotting the male.

He looked distressed, but paused his yelling as Xisuma landed next to him.

"Scar? What's wrong?"

"I can't find Bdubs!!" he whined, "I've checked every building. I can't shake the feeling that something bad happened..."

Xisuma tensed, Cub had said something similar... and it made the admin worry that maybe their vex magic was picking up something the other hermits couldn't.

"I'm sure its fine," he placed a hand on the man's shoulder, "He could be anywhere on the server, I'm sure he's just distracted! He could even be over at your base looking for you."

Scar's eyes were misty, and he sniffed. "You think so?"

"Yeah, here," he retracted his hand, pointing to himself, "I still need to go check up on the rest of the jungle folk anyway, why don't we go together again?"

Scar mumbled something before nodding, "oh, okay, yeah, yeah. That sounds good. I haven't been to check on my base in a couple of days - I'm sure Jellie misses me too!"

"Exactly," Xisuma smiled, "Lets head through the nether, we can catch up with them quicker."

The man nodded just slightly before both men headed down towards the bridge, where Bdubs' nether portal was safely hidden.

Once in the Nether, the air was warm and dry and both men flew, once again, in absolute silence.

Until the shrill yell of a ghast signaled from above, sending a fireball right between both men.

Xisuma launched a rocket and sped away from the fireball, while Scar dodged to the side, nearly bashing into a low hanging netherrack stalactite. Xisuma yelled out his name before the man pulled another rocket and caught himself in the air. The ghast shot another flame.

Scar was still stabilizing himself, and Xisuma turned, using one arm to keep his elytra out before he pulled out his bow, letting his elytra close as he aimed and shot a single arrow at the mob.

He didn't get a chance to see the arrow his as he turned back around, flying up to Scar - who was still narrowly dodging a few nether obstacles.

The men caught up with one another and Xisuma motioned to the man to drop lower, right as the Ghast let out a pained, dying gasp.