Chapter 29: Helping Hand (Part 1)

[Author's note: Dec. 9, 2021]

Another long chapter! Mostly cause I already cut this one down - and also as an apology for not posting for a while. With the new MC update my friends and I restarted our realm and I've been busy starting fresh xD That and finals week, but y'know. 

But yes! New chapter is here and it's split into 2 parts! More canon Helsians woo! 

——— 🌿 ———

Evil and Hels were both exhausted, and with every day that passed - they only became more and more annoyed. It felt like a poor, over-exuded training exercise, fighting the stupid Helsbeasts every day.

Hels had enjoyed it at first. He wasn't one to question waking up in a strange place, especially if it was a world he got to fight in. But he was over it now.

The initial thrill of the conflict had long since faded, and now he was well ready to get home. It was easy enough to find food out here, as eating Helsbeasts wasn't frowned upon. However, he hadn't showered. Nor had he used a proper toilet in weeks. Both he and Evil probably reeked.

They had tried to bathe in one of the rivers a few days ago but the harsh saltwater of the river was rough on their skin - and left their hair uncomfortably rough. They smelt a little nicer, rinsing away the blood and dirt from their bodies and replacing it with a layer of sticky salt had helped. Still, now they probably smelt like a seasoned meal to the Helsbeasts in the area.

Their armor had certainly seen better days too. The cracks and rust made it inconvenient to move and fight. Not that something like that could stop them.

But of course, Evil couldn't stop complaining about it.

"I'm so sick of this, I just wanna go home," he repeated, "I'm tired! This isn't fun anymore!"

Hels rolled his eyes. "We can stop soon. If we can't find a cave we can just dig into another mountain and rest."

"I don't want to "rest" I want to go home! This place sucks! It's like there's no end to this forest."

"Yeah, it's almost like that's the whole point."

"Yeah, well still, I'm done fighting! I'm just gonna-"

Hels put his hand on the other Helsian's shoulder, "Hold on, shut up."

Evil blinked and his eyes narrowed, "Wh- don't you tell me to shut up!"

"No, I'm serious - do you hear that?"

Both of them went quiet and Hels lifted his head higher, scanning the tree line for the source of the slight buzzing he heard. It almost sounded electrical, like distant machinery.

"Is that redstone?" he asked, looking to Ex. "It sounds a bit like it."

Evil shook his head, "No, no, redstone feels much more energetic than that. This feels..." he tilted his head slightly and grumbled, "bigger..."

Hels snorted, "Helpful," he walked past the shorter Helsian towards the source of the sound. "Lets check it out, could be another server."

Evil blinked, speeding up after him, "Goodness me, we have been walking for some time then."

The trees began to thin out slightly and the possibility they had found the edge of the woods was growing. They had been told it was basically impossible to get to another server, to leave your own Helsian Realm. The forest was too dangerous; both from beasts and natural forces like climate and terrain.