Chapter 17: A Visiting Admin (Part 3)

Xisuma had only just left the city when he heard the sound of a rocket behind him. The admin turned his head just slightly, looking to see Scar spamming rockets a few meters away.  

He slowed his glide down just enough for the hermit to catch up. 

"Everything alright?" X yelled as Scar came into range.

"Yeah!" the man smiled. "Just... I wouldn't mind visiting some other hermits too!" 

The admin smiled, giving a thumbs up before turning towards Jevin's  Ocean base. 

The two hermits landed, right along with xB. The men greeted one another and exchanged pleasantries before Jevin noticed them standing on the prismarine ring of his base. The three men glided down to the slime. 

"Hey!" he greeted, "I  didn't know you'd be bringing guests." 

X chuckled, and xB spoke up, "Hey, they showed up on their own," he joked. 

"Well, I'll always take more guests," Jev smiled, "Hypno's already inside - xB did you get the stuff?" 

"Yessir" the smaller man pulled a shulker out of his inventory. "We've got the whole three course meal right here." 

"Oh," Scar said, "you've got dessert and everything," he peered towards the shulker as Jevin took it with a nod.

"We're having icecream! Nothing soothes the heart like a cold treat," Jev's eyes sparkled. The hermit turned towards the center of his base, motioning for the others to follow. 

They walked after him, and X took in the view. It was a massive base, even if for now it was only a few sandy outer rings. There was a new build in the middle, it looked nice - but when X commented Jevin insisted it was temporary. 

The prismarine and oak building was just a little home that was more... homey than the empty rings of an unfinished megabase. It had a kitchen and bedroom - a perfect place to find comfort in fellow hermits. 

And Hypno was there, a selection of pots and pans out in the kitchen as he fried something on the stove at the back of the kitchen. 

The man turned and smiled at them, "Hey - oh sweet," he took the shulker from Jev and placed it on the ground, opening the box and pulling out some of the food inside. He looked up to X and Scar as he began placing the ingredients on the counter. "Oh hey, are you joining us for a meal?"

"We've probably got enough for two more!" xB looked over the food they had.  

Scar looked to the admin who shook his head, "Sorry, guys, I think we wont be able to sit around for a full meal. We've got to keep checking on the hermits, though its seems like you're all doing okay?" 

Hypno grabbed a raw porkchop off of the plate on the counter and placed it on the skillet with a sizzle. Jevin tossed him a small bottle of seasoning. 

xB gave X and Scar a sympathetic smile, "Yeah, we're doing alright here. Sorry you guys can't stick around - but you're welcome to come back! We always make too much.. we'll finish it ourselves if not" he laughed to himself.  

The group chatted for a moment longer as Hypno and Jev continued their cooking escapades. xB glanced to his friends before looking back to the admin, "How is cub? Hypno and I stopped by there earlier and he seemed... business oriented? If I can put it that way. I know he can be like that"

"He's alright," the admin assured to both men, "Probably needs some time to ... take in... everything that's happened, but he's strong." 

Scar let out a slight sigh of relief and xB hummed in agreement. "How is Stress?" She flew all the way over to the shattered mountain to check on me yesterday and she looked pretty tired."