Chapter 35: Knight Party

[Author's note: May 2, 2022]

TW: Alcohol/Social Drinking

Oh my gosh. It's here. It's finally here! I have been working super hard to get a lot of writing done and I'm ready to post again! I've got the whole fic planned out with.. hopefully.. every minute detail! Not all chapters are written but I got a few backlogged and they should be easier with each one planned out. 

I've been super busy - obviously. I'm a junior in college and this semester has been rough! I've been motivated to write but with my classes I literally have not had time. I haven't even been drawing very much which is a bit upsetting. Basically all my freetime is dedicated to Impulse's Patreon server (since the new season started about a month ago) and so writing has been a struggle. 

Another thanks to everyone who has supported me! You guys are amazing - and I'm so excited to get the rest of this dang fic out! (Next chapter is Grian Backstory! Lets gooooo!) 

——— 🌿 ———

Xisuma was sitting at the table in his dining room, taking a small break between all the chaos. Of course, he still had several panels open around him - scrolling through the code with quick eyes. What kept this server together was massive, and even on break, keeping track of everything was of utmost importance.

Wels was sitting to the side, idly watching the admin and going through his list of items once again. His attempts to quell his rising anxiety always worked better when he had a list to rely on and a plan to follow. Unfortunately right now the plan was 'have materials' and not much else.

The admin let out a sigh, and Wels looked up at him, "You alright?"

Xisuma shook his head, setting his tea down with a small clatter, "I'm alright. I just feel a bit foolish. It's been so long since I've had to face anything from my past, I didn't even stop to consider it could be someone with a vengeance for me targeting the server."

"You think he's targeting all of us?"

"He may be. Xelqua hates me, he's made that clear, and since it was you and Grian that rescued me.. we're all in the line of fire."

The knight hummed, folding his list and tucking it away. He stood and walked towards the admin, "Well, we're not sure if it's him, and even if it is; it's not your fault for not thinking of him. Errors are always a possibility, and the Watchers or Hels are hardly the first things to think of."

Xisuma gave a slight nod and looked down at his tea. "That makes sense," he shrugged, "Perhaps if we can save him I'll feel less guilty. I can pay him back for all he's done for us."

Wels gave a smile, patting the admin on the shoulder, "We'll do all we can."

There was a comfortable lapse in conversation as Xisuma picked up his tea again, feeling the warmth through his gloves. He glanced up at the knight, "How are things going with your supplies? Do you need anything else?"

Wels shook his head, putting his hands on his hips, "No, sir, I think I've got everything I need. Packed up." He pat his hip confidently, as though the items were in his pocket. Xisuma gave relieved smile.

"How much do you remember about Hels? I know it's been quite some time since either of us have been there. I hardly recall anything."

The knight clicked his tongue, looking down with a hand on his chin. "Not... that much. Neither of us met many of the Helsian hermits living there. Only.. ourselves.. and," he paused, "And the other two by the portal. I don't recall who they are."

Xisuma nodded, "Cleo and Joe. I don't know their alternate names, but I remember them."

"Ah, right. Well, I also distinctly remember Grian warning me about the woods. They're filled with monsters and beasts. I only ever saw the smaller ones and even they were dangerous enough to put up a good fight. Giant squids, fire-breathing dragons, mutant blazes, Hels is terrifying."