Chapter 45: Too Much Thinking

[Author's note: Oct. 16 2022]

Kind of funny but also sad fact: In between the last chapter featuring the infamous white rabbit, and this chapter; my actual pet white rabbit with red eyes passed away. 

He was a fat, spoiled, almost 12 year old man though. RIP my rabbit, Dog. Anyway that explains the image i added to this chapter LOL. My absolute favorite pic of him - and also probably pretty accurate to how our Helsian-memory rabbit looks xD

Anyway some more notes at the end of this one ❤️ Been reading through a lot more comments too and I love hearing you guys' theories. That and sometimes yall are just too funny for your own good xD Thank you again for the support my wonderful readers!

Now back to what you're actually here for; 

——— 🌿 ———

Profound silence.

It was ominous and painful.

His lungs were burning, a feeling he wasn't used to. It was foreign, bringing a sense of dread that tore his insides apart. It was icy and heavy; like the world was standing on his chest, his ribs were piecing his flesh and his mind screamed in silent agony.

Everything was dark. Everything hurt.

"Hels"

Yes, that was him. He hadn't forgotten his name, he was just dying. Losing his final life - and to what? Something he couldn't even remember.

"Hels, please!"

Was he supposed to respond? He couldn't. There was something in his throat, strangling him and holding him back.

"Wake up! Hels!"

The fluid in his throat finally pushed forward, losing the battle with his instincts.

He sputtered a bit, and vomited.

"Holy- Hels- Hels!"

He tried to sit up, but only managed to roll on his side. He coughed more, but it didn't hurt. All he could feel was the sweet release of oxygen. He could still hear chattering, but he ignored the sounds, only listening to his rapid breathing.

His helmet was completely off, as was his chest-plate by the look of it. Why did he feel so heavy then?

His hands and mouth were covered in a clear liquid. Water... just regular water. Not blood.

Right.

He could feel a hand on his back, patting him softly. At some point he had managed to lift himself onto his hands and knees. He wiped his mouth off on his sleeve.

There was silence as his breathing calmed, the repetitive motion on his back helping to sooth his nerves.

He felt like his throat had been destroyed in the pool. He swallowed uncomfortably, before trying to speak.

"Di-did you undress me?"

The motion stopped, and he could see Ex reel back from his peripheral. "What?!" he said, "I took your armor off so I could give you CPR! I thought you were gonna die!"

Hels moved slowly, leaning back onto the grass below him. He took in his surroundings. They were back in the woods, the familiar sounds of the Hels' betweenlands comforting him. Ex was kneeled in front of him, looking confused and worried. His helmet was off, red eyes narrowed in concern.