Chapter 3

Upon seeing the frown on his face, I looked down, fidgeting with my fingers (a nervous habit I had picked up). "W-well you don't have to if you don't want-" 

"Oh come on now! Zeldris, didn't you say that you would be making an effort? Now is the right time." Gelda scolded Zeldris like a parent punishing their child. 

While looking down I smiled, she really was the best. Always helping out. I'm so lucky to have her as my best friend. 

" I don't know  why she wants me to train her, she can have any powerful archangel do that for her. Besides, I'm not that good of a fighter-" 

" No. I forbid you to start being humble right now. You're the best fighter of all the Demon Realm, no excuses." 

"U-umm guys.. It's really fine: Gelda please don't push him into something he's uncomfortable with. It was just a suggestion I made way too soon" I told her while smiling the best I can, I didn't want to show her I was slightly saddened by it. 

But what I didn't notice was the look on Zeldris's face softened. 

"I suppose I could train you" Came his reply. A smile immediately graced my face. "Really?!" I exclaimed, flying really close to his face. "Thank you!" Unconsciously, I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug. 

  Wait a minute- I glanced at my arms and realized just how close our faces were. Our bodies are practically touching! Oh goddess- wait! What would Sariel do if he found out I was so close with a demon! He'd kill me! Ludociel probably would too- they'd lock me up in a tower never to be seen again!! I can already see it-!

I pulled myself away from him, my hands on his chest. For a split moment, our eyes met each other. My cheeks went red. I pulled myself away quickly and glanced over at Gelda, who was laughing too much for my taste. 

"G-gelda! I did it unconsciously, okay?! S-stop laughing! I-I didn't mean to-" my face went even redder when I remembered the situation. Gelda laughed and only gave me a small wink. That girl was already up to something.....I knew it. 

"There's a small area where I should be able to train you. We have some time before I have to return," My eyes went wide. Was he really unfazed by this!? 

Gelda nodded and grabbed my wrist. "Alright! We're coming," Gelda pulled me along. Zeldris walked in front of us, leading the way as we went deeper into the lifeless forest; filled with mist. 

Gelda leaned down to my height and whispered in my ear with a smirk. "Are you sure that you didn't mean to do that?" I gasped slightly and puffed out my cheeks. "Of course I did!" I whisper-yelled. 

Gelda laughed softly. Her smirk never seemed to disappear. "That makes twice now. I'll be watching the both of you~ It's my job as your best friend after all," she winked playfully. 

I sighed and crossed my arms. "Whyy Geldaa. I love you, but whyy," I whined in a playful tone. Suddenly, Zeldris stopped in his tracks. He turned around to face the both of us. 

"We're here," Zeldris stated. The area was surrounded by trees and a gloomy mist. There was a small circular clearing in the middle, but the trees around it would have hid it from prying eyes. 

The Demon Realm had a lot less life than the Goddess Realm, but it had its own beauty to it. "Are you two really going to focus on combat training at a time like this?" Gelda sighed. "Considering what the normal is for the Demon Realm, this is a nice night. Normally, it'd feel more unsettling like something is constantly watching you!" 

Gelda turned around quickly with a scary face. I let out a small scream and covered my eyes. Gelda laughed and smiled before gently patting my head. "Sorry, N/N, couldn't resist," she wiped away a fake tear. 

Zeldris stood still with his arms crossed. His posture was very stiff, but it slowly relaxed. Could he be getting more comfortable? His hand isn't constantly by his sword like it was before-

A small smile crept onto my face. "This is your first time meeting each other, I'm not letting you two spend it- training," Gelda smiled proudly, her hands placed on her hips. Gelda smiled proudly, her hands placed on her hips. "You two are going to get to know one another!" 

My jaw dropped. "I didn't agree with that! I mean- Zeldris was already so kind as to train me in the first place. I don't want to make him do something he doesn't wish to do!" I bowed my head. "There's no changing Gelda's mind once it's set on something," Zeldris suddenly spoke. He gently set his sword down beside him whilst he sat on a rock. Gelda smiled brightly and gave a nod. "That's right!" Gelda moved to sit beside him, patting the spot next to her. I gave a soft sigh, letting a chuckle escape as I left to join the two of them.

I couldn't shake the feeling that this.....was where I was meant to be at this moment. Call it- a gut feeling.  

Long hours passed by slowly. Gelda always continued the conversations and made me laugh. Zeldris occasionally made comments here and there, his monotone voice making them all the more adorable. The more time went by, the more I felt more comfortable with them. It really was just as Gelda said. Zeldris really wasn't as scary as he seemed. Not much longer, I realized just how late it was.

With eyes wide, I sat up. "I've got to get back! My brother's going to kill me-" I muttered, running a hand through my H/C hair. "Oh! I almost forgot-!" Gelda sat up and quickly gave me a swift hug. "Zeldris and I are meeting here again tomorrow. If you really want those combat lessons, be sure to come and stop by," Gelda explained. Zeldris sat up and picked up his sword.

"I need to leave as well. The Demon King will get suspicious if I'm away for much longer," he explained. Wings of darkness sprouted from his back. They were as black as night with small hints of an assortment of colors such as purple and maroon. They were truly beautiful. 

I gave a smile and a nod. "I'll be sure to come back," I bowed slightly. "You've both been so kind to me," I exclaimed. Gelda smiled and nodded. With a gentle wave, Gelda began to walk away. "I better see you here tomorrow. You can't chicken out now~" She sang playfully. When I turned around again, Zeldris was gone.

With a sigh, I unleashed my own wings. I suppose that I should get back. With that single thought, I began the flight back. Slowly, color returned to my surroundings, showing that the Goddess Realm was close. The whole flight, there was one thought on my mind.

I had really ventured to the Demon Realm and met a demon, not to mention that he was actually Meliodas' brother, making him the second son of the Demon King. I would call that a success!

However, those happy thoughts were quickly replaced with dread when I opened the door to my hut. Right there in the door, was an archangel. And boy- did he look mad.