Chapter 6

Much like the past two days, I had made the journey home. Once again, Sariel had scolded me, but this time, he seemed much more gentle.

"Where have you been going? As your big brother, I need to know this," Sariel sighed. I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. Part of me didn't exactly feel like dealing with this.

"I've just been hanging out with some of my friends. It's nothing bad," I replied. "Still! You're hiding things from me! You came back from training injured and you wouldn't tell me what happened. You've been coming home late and you've been gone ALL day!" He exclaimed.

"I haven't been meaning to hide things from you-" I muttered. I let out a sigh, giving in. "I've asked a friend of mine to train me," I admitted. Sariel's eyes widened slightly.

"That's why you've been going out so much? You should've just said that-!" Sariel cried out. "I know-! But- I wasn't sure if you'd approve of it-" I struggled to find the correct words to explain it.

"Ludociel and I don't mesh well. All of these wounds I got are from him! He keeps telling me that I'll never be able to kill a demon- but the thing is- I DON'T WANT to kill a demon!" I cried out. "I see Ludociel as the true demon, not the Demon Race. We judge the Demon Race just because they're different....."

"I can promise you, Sariel, that I will NEVER kill a demon," I stated simply. "And you can go ahead and tell that to Ludociel, because, I could care less about what he thinks,"

Zeldris and Gelda are proof enough that not all demons are bloodthirsty monsters. Even if it means going against my brother, I'll protect the Demon Race with my life.

"Y/N....." Sariel whispered in shock. Not once, had I ever raised my voice in front of my brother, or really anyone, for that matter.

My eyes widened, once I realized what I had done. "Sariel! I-I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to raise my voice-" I stuttered. There were tears welling up in my eyes. My brother seemed hurt, and I wasn't sure of how to help.

All of a sudden it hit me.....

He set up the training with Ludociel....and because of that....I got hurt....he must feel awful

I took small steps towards him, pulling him into a tight hug. "Please don't feel bad. I allowed myself to get distracted," I chuckled softly. Sariel looked up at me with a sad look before doing a complete 360.

"I'll kill Ludociel!! No one hurts my sister!!" Sariel yelled. "Nooo!!" I exclaimed in worry, shaking him by his shoulders. "You'll invoke Ludociel's wrath!" I worried playfully.

"Are we good now?" Sariel asked sheepishly. "No more secrets?" He added with a laugh. "We're good. No more secrets," I pulled him into a tight hug, ruffling his hair, just like I always do.

Night slowly passed and the morning sun rose again.

I woke up, stretching my arms and wings out and wide. I got ready for the day with a wide smile. Recently, I've been spending a lot of my time with Zeldris and Gelda. I've barely even seen Gloxinia or Drole lately, Meliodas and Elizabeth as well. Walking outside of my room, I was greeted with a familiar sight.

Like usual, Sariel was in the main area of our hut. "I'm going out to meet with Gloxinia and Drole, today! I haven't spoken with them in a while," I laughed softly. My brother nodded his head and smiled. "Sounds good, sis. I have a meeting with the other archangels, so I'll be gone for a while," he explained.

"Sounds good, bro," I winked as I repeated his same reply to me. "Hey! Don't mock me!" Sariel exclaimed, his cheeks puffed out and red. I laughed and ruffled his hair before opening the door and running outside on the balcony. "Sorry! I can't stop when it's so fun!" I teased, flying away.

The three of us had been planning this for a while. We've all been so busy lately. We were all very close. They even knew about Gelda and I being close friends. The two met her once and completely understood. Gloxinia and Drole were best friends with Meliodas and Elizabeth.....they too....understood that demons had good in them.

I saw the giant and fairy kings in the distance. "Gloxinia! Drole!" I exclaimed with sparkles in my eyes. I flew to them quickly and wrapped Gloxinia in a hug. I let go and flew up to Drole's shoulder and gave him a small hug (to the best of my ability).

"Y/N! You seem quite energetic today," Gloxinia mentioned with a small smirk. I glanced at Gloxinia skeptically. I turned to Drole and whispered. "Gloxinia has that smirk on his face again. He's thinking about something- Gelda does the same thing," I whispered, sweat dripping down my forehead.

I flew down next to Gloxinia and sighed, inspecting his smirk. "Definitely a devious smirk.....come on! It's only been like- two minutes since I got here!" I cried out playfully.

"Is it a guy?"

I squeaked in surprise at his sudden sentence. Surely- I'm not THAT much more energetic-! I-I regret coming here!!!!!!

"Where on Liones did that come from?!" I practically shouted. I failed to notice the huge blush on my cheeks.

"Ohhh you bet it's a guy, all right!"

Gelda-! SHE ACTUALLY CAME!!! I'M HAPPY BUT- BAD TIMING!!!!

I whipped around just in time to see Gelda emerge from a cluster of bushes. "So I was right-!" Gloxinia's smirk somehow grew bigger. "Soooo who is it?" he teased. I swear- even Gloxinia can be a Meliodas 2.0 at times-

"Confidential information," I simply stated, turning my back while folding my arms. "You're no fun," Gloxinia pouted. A sudden sparkle shone in his eyes. "Gelda-! Tell me!" Gloxinia smiled mischievously. Gelda laughed, opening her mouth to speak before Drole interrupted.

"Gloxinia, you shouldn't force them to tell y-" suddenly he stopped. Gloxinia had summoned Basquias and used the vines to cover Drole's mouth.

"Shut it, Drole! This is important information." Gloxinia stated simply, sitting with his legs crossed and eyes fixated on Gelda. 

"He's a member of the Demon Clan and a close friend of mine. I won't say anything more if Y/N doesn't want me too," Gelda finished. I covered my face in my hands and hid my blushing face. "He's Meliodas' brother.....Zeldris," I mumbled softly into my hands, thinking that they wouldn't hear. If I said it quietly and no one heard, I wouldn't feel as bad. Just tell them you were only going to say it once and if they missed it, they missed it.

"I see...." Gloxinia smiled. "I'm sworn to secrecy," he smiled brightly, ruffling my H/C hair softly. "I won't say a word. Of course Drole and I approve- but the archangels and Grand Deity are the opposite," He explained. "Does Meliodas know?" Drole suddenly asked. I shook my head.

"No...he'd tease me endlessly...like you're doing!!" I exclaimed, laughing. "He would just make pervy jokes about me liking him-" realizing what I said, my face went red as a tomato. I hid my face in my hands again, embarrassed.

Gelda, Gloxinia, and Drole all laughed. It was our secret now.... a memory I would always cherish....