Chapter 21

~Necklace Key~

Red : admiring/ dazed / showing love

Purple : jealousy

Yellow : worried

Black : angry

Pink : shy/ flustered/ embarrassed

Grey: sad

White : teasing

green : disgusted

Blue : happy/ soft

......

Zeldris made a hard decision. He kept rethinking about it, about how wrong it was to go there by himself. But in the end, there was no way he was going to let you die on him for the second time.

After informing Gloxinia and Drole mentally, Zeldris gently picked up his speed; you were still alive, but you'd gone unconscious. His panicked state only increased when you couldn't hold on anymore, fearing the worst-case scenario. The Sins couldn't have gone far. Zeldris wasted no time and made his wings go faster. Zeldris's grip tightened the more his mind wandered. There was no way to explain how worried he was. He traced Meliodas' traces of magical power, eventually coming to Liones.

When he landed, people cried and cleared the path. He walked into the castle, unfazed by the guards that pointed weapons at him. "Take me to Merlin. I didn't come for a fight. If we don't hurry, then she'll die," The guards glanced at each other hesitantly. They were about to speak when the clacking of heels were heard.

As if it was a miracle, Elizabeth had walked into the hallway. "Y/N!" Elizabeth cried and ran over immediately. Elizabeth didn't seem wary. She was too focused on you and looked up at Zeldris. "You brought her all the way here, didn't you," she smiled softly. Elizabeth held out her hands above your wound as a bright glow began to cover them. She turned to the guards. "Please don't harm him. He came for medical treatment. At this moment, he is not our enemy. Please get Merlin and prepare a room," the princess spoke with no hesitation.

Zeldris looked down at the unconscious girl in his arms. Her face was pale from the loss of blood. "I can keep her stable for a small time. She's lost a lot of blood and was dealt a critical injury. Not to mention, before the injury, her body was weakened," Elizabeth addressed the situation. "Please set her down," Zeldris hesitated. His grip tightened before it became looser, and he placed you on the ground gently. "You care about Y/N a lot, don't you?"

The question caught him off guard. A light pink dusted his cheeks. Were his feelings for the goddess that obvious? The demon stayed quiet and looked down at the floor. Your face was so peaceful despite the blood that stained your clothes.

"What is the leader of the Ten Commandments doing here?" Ban's voice echoed in the hallways. His question sounded more like a demand. "Sir Ban- please wait -" he didn't listen to Elizabeth's pleas. Within a split second, Ban had a hand around Zeldris's throat, but the demon didn't fight and stayed still, his face devoid of emotions despite his inner feelings. "Sir Ban! Please don't! He didn't come here to hurt us -"

"I don't know what he told you, princess, but I don't trust him. This guy almost killed the captain, his own brother!" Ban yelled furiously. "Ban, calm down. Let Zeldris go so he can explain," the esteemed mage Merlin walked into the hallway. Zeldris took a gasp of air once Ban let go, taking a step away, watching him with a glare.

"I came for a favor. Y/N was injured critically in the fight -" the fairy known as King flew into the room, also appearing to be in a rage. "She wouldn't be hurt if you hadn't organized that stupid festival!" Zeldris balled his hand into a fist, anger rising in him. However, it wasn't at them but at himself. "I told her not to go! But that stupid angel insisted on going," Zeldris muttered.