Chapter 13

~Necklace Key~

Red : admiring/ dazed / showing love

Purple : jealousy

Yellow : worried

Black : angry

Pink : shy/ flustered/ embarrassed

Grey: sad

White : teasing

green : disgusted

Blue : happy/ soft

.....

Y/n's pov :

I felt light, seeking through my eyelids. Opening my eyes after feeling it's warm touch, I saw before me a field with black rose petals. Sitting up, I looked around me and saw Oni sitting against a tree. He was closing his eyes, but his frown on his face was evident.

I suddenly remembered what occurred before coming here.

That scary man said that Oni was evil and a demon. Was it true?

Getting up from the ground, I debated if I should actually ask him that.

What if he gets upset and never wants to be my friend anymore because I was being nosy?

I puffed my cheeks out of frustration. If he was my friend, surely he would tell me the truth. I sat up, placing my hand on my chest. Oni had a faraway gaze. Usually, he would notice my presence almost immediately. Yet, he only looked at the rose petals with sad eyes as he leaned against the tree.

The wind blew against me, allowing my hair to sway behind me. Oni looked up and smiled sadly.

I found it hard to find my voice. It was like there was a lump in my throat. "O-oni..." I stuttered, calling out the name he gave me. "T-the scary man- said that you were a demon. Is t-that t-true?" My voice broke as I spoke.

He simply nodded, but let out a soft sigh. "Most- are afraid of demons or they simply hate us," Zeldris explained with a calm voice. "I didn't want you to hate me," He sighed. I shook my head and ran towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You're my friend. I'll never hate you. Besides! Demons aren't as bad as people think. You're an example," I smiled. "But wasn't the Demon race sealed away 3000 years ago?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "Were you lonely?"

Zeldris laughed softly, placing a hand on my head. "I could never be lonely. You were my friend after all," he explained. I smiled brightly and nodded. "Yeah!"

"By the way, might I ask how you know about the demons being sealed away?" he titled his head curiously. I found it quite cute. I smiled with rosy cheeks, remembering the boring lesson I had with Arthur. Before the demons were mentioned, I was bored, but the demons caught my interest.

"Oh! It was in one of my very boring lessons I had with Arthur. Miss Evelyne talked about it. Did you know the demon king had two sons?! They're princes! OH MY GAWD! Ekk!"

Zeldris smiled, "I'm glad my race could make you listen to your lesson and I know the king has two sons because I'm one of them" I widened my eyes, my eyes glowed with wonder and sparkles flew out.