Chapter 19

~Necklace Key~

Red : admiring/ dazed / showing love

Purple : jealousy

Yellow : worried

Black : angry

Pink : shy/ flustered/ embarrassed

Grey: sad

White : teasing

green : disgusted

Blue : happy/ soft

~>>>~

I exhaled a breath, looking at the flier that I took from Gloxinia. I concentrated as to where I was supposed to go. Groaning in frustration, I put the flier back in my shorts's pocket and proceeded to walk further.

I swear, how bad was I at reading maps that I couldn't even read a simple map! Looking at the pendant I subconsciously gripped it in my hand. I Missed Zel....Maybe I should've stayed with him and asked him about the maze in person. I closed my eyes in sadness, however I opened them right back when I saw the necklace pulsing. "Zel?" I don't even know I said his name out loud, It's not like he can hear me-

"Y/N?" I gasped, tripping on my feet from the sudden voice I heard.

No way...

Going on my knees, I took the necklace in my hands, staring at it in slight fear and concentration. I didn't hear anything from the other side. Was I imagining things? Hearing things? Was I missing the presence of Zel so much that I made up his voice??

"This is crazy-"

"I assure you you're not crazy,"

I widened my eyes, "Zel is that you?

"Of course it's me," He sounded so serious with his response that I had to listen attentively to perceive the amusement in his voice. "R-right, um- well I didn't know- I mean it could be anyone you know?" I paused for a moment before continuing.

"Wait- how are you able to talk through here? Are you using your demon powers!?"

"You... could say that. It's... something special I casted on the necklace," I smiled at the thought of being able to talk to Zel more now with the spell that Zel created.

What I didn't know was that Zeldris was not the one who created the spell. It was already a special attribute of the necklace: being able to communicate with the other half of the person when you're far away or when the other deeply misses the other. "That's great! I can communicate with you even though I'm far away from you-"

"What do you mean far away? You're just next door- well behind the vine wall," I laughed awkwardly, "Um- well you see- I sort of took off to go on an adventure to have.... fun?"

"What?!" His voice boomed, the necklace pulsing in response. "Y/N what the hell- I swear- don't tell me you're planning something stupid?"

"NO-! I mean- no, I won't do something stupid. I just wanted to go to this really amazing festival where you can win a price-"