Chapter 20

~Necklace Key~

Red : admiring/ dazed / showing love

Purple : jealousy

Yellow : worried

Black : angry

Pink : shy/ flustered/ embarrassed

Grey: sad

White : teasing

green : disgusted

Blue : happy/ soft

~>>>~

I stood motionless for a moment. Could I really fight Ban and Meliodas? No. I can't let my determination waiver. I need to regain my lost memories! No matter what! I need to understand!

I wasted no time and unsheathed my sword, moving my feet into a battle stance, a glare in my eyes. "Woah! Hey- whatcha doin' N/N?" Meliodas tilted his head to the side, perplexed by my actions. Lockwood turned to look at me, gasping in surprise. "Hey-! Princess! What are you-"

"Shut up!" I shouted, disrupting his sentence. The three of them looked at me with stunned eyes. "I'm here for a reason, and I'm not going to give up easily. I don't care if it's you two that I have to face. I'm going to win! I'm going to find my answers!" My eyes went dull, their playful nature disappearing.

Meliodas cocked his head to the side, taking his hands out of his pockets. "And what are the answers that you're looking for? Whatever it is, we can help you find them!" He smiled. My stance weakened for a split second. His smile was so bright and kind. Sir Meliodas...forgive me. I'm done with leaning on others. I'll become strong and find my own resolve, my own memories. "I'm simply searching for what was taken from me," I answered nonchalantly. "I'm going to regain these lost memories of mine. Zel refuses to tell me anything, so I'm finding my own answers," I readied my stance once again. "I'm not afraid to hurt you if it means achieving that goal,"

"Slow your roll, kid. Let's think rationally here-" I ran forward and elbowed Ban in the stomach, causing him to fly back, Meliodas jumping up to catch him so he didn't fall off of the platform. "Stand and fight me! You're members of the Seven Deadly Sins: I know that you can do better!" I shouted again, breathing quickly.

"Ban! You okay?" Lockwood ran over to the two males, glancing over at me with a concerned facial expression. "Lockwood, I need you to choose," I called out to him sternly. "You can either fight with me or with Ban and Meliodas in this match. I'm not going to hold back,"

Lockwood's breath was caught in his throat. "I-" His mind was going a million miles a minute, eyes darting between the three. His breathing was unsteady. His fists were clenched tightly. I'm sworn to protect my princess, but she isn't thinking rationally. Her body is shaking despite her words, but she displayed no hesitation in hitting Ban. Could something have happened while she was with those demons?

Lockwood took a deep breath. "As your knight, it is my job to protect you, but it's also my job to provide aid and keep you on the right path. Forgive me, princess, but you're not on that right path right now! And therefore....I'll be against you...just this once,"

I nodded. "Very well, " I ran forward with a cry, my sword clashing against the dagger Lockwood had pulled out in a split second to counter me. He was caught off guard so his stance was weak, allowing me to trip him with one swipe of my foot. I held my sword in front of his face, ready to blast a light beam in his face. It wouldn't kill him, only knock him unconscious. I took my elbow back, ready to thrust my sword at Lockwood, but it was suddenly ripped from my grasp. I gasped and flipped backward, barely dodging Ban's punch. All we had to do was knock each other out. It couldn't be that hard, right?