Chapter 5

Zeldris P.OV

My gaze drifted up towards the dark sky of the Demon Realm. I stood in the middle of the small clearing I showed Gelda and that goddess the past day. I had been standing here for the past ten minutes. Gelda was going to arrive a little later, having duties to attend to. Just where is that goddess? Could she have been caught by the other demons?

I let out a small huff, crossing my arms, leaning my back against a dead tree. Could she have gotten lost?  l looked ahead, straight into the depths of the forest. A thick fog always coated the Demon Realm. Even I got lost in it very rarely. I let out a sigh, unconsciously pacing in circle.

Do I go out look for her? If she was captured by the Demon Race, or even got lost, I would certainly feel Gelda's wrath. I grimaced at the very thought. It still boggles my mind. Just how can Gelda trust an angel of all species. The Goddess Race is out for blood and her best friend is one from that very race!

My eyes went wide at a sudden realization. If she knew that I was going to be here- she may have told that cursed archangel Ludociel. My blood boiled at the very thought of him and his cheeky smirk. Why wouldn't I be upset? Ludociel is the biggest threat the Demon Race has!

Even now, I paced around. Y/N seems very respectful. I doubt she would skip this. She was the one that asked me in the first place. I sighed again. Was I overthinking things? I suppose that I should wait longer before I begin to worry.......I wouldn't want to invoke Gelda's wrath. When she's upset, it's a storm.

Not much long after, a shaded figure walked through the forest, in my direction. I recognized the figure as Gelda and didn't attack. She looked around frantically. "Did you scare her away!?" Gelda questioned, concern in her violet eyes. I shook my head. "She never came. At least, I have yet to see her," I admitted.

"Huh?" Gelda muttered. "That's not like Y/N at all...," Gelda muttered, looking up into the colorless sky.

Slowly, time began to pass. It started out as five minutes, twenty minutes, to thirty minutes, one hour.

Two hours had gone by now and there was still no sight of her. My eyebrows furrowed together. Much longer....and I may not be able to wait anymore. Father would start to get suspicious.

I let out a sigh and turned to look up at Gelda. "I think that it's time we leave, Gelda," I said. Her eyes went wide before looking sad, but she gave a small nod. "I suppose we should. I'll be coming back here tomorrow though. It's not like her to just- not come to something that she asked to do- or even anything for that matter! You can come if you'd like," Gelda said that one sentence before disappearing into the Demon Realm.

I sighed, unleashing my wings before flying into the distance. Should I maybe consider it?.....

.......

Y/N P.O.V

The next morning, I opened my eyes to find myself in the same spot, against the door, on the floor. I must have fallen asleep here.... My thoughts dropped. I really don't want to run into my brother this morning.....I totally ignored him when he asked me what was wrong...

All of a sudden, the window in my room caught my eye. I stood up and slowly walked towards the window. Judging by the sunlight, it was still fairly early. Sariel shouldn't be awake right now- in fact, not many people would be. I opened the window and unleashed my wings, leaving in hopes of finding Zeldris and Gelda.