Chapter 9

Panting, I got up from the ground and turned around to see Ludociel already up, clenching his fist tightly. He turned towards me and pointed an accusing finger at me.

"This isn't over you hear?!" He unfurled his wings and flew away.

I sighed, turning around I gasped and backed away abruptly. My heart was hammering. I wasn't expecting Zeldris standing there, with a frown on his face and with his arms over his chest looking pissed as hell.

" U-umm Hi?" Zeldris's frown deepened

"Don't hi me-! What you did was extremely dangerous."

"But I defeated him, aren't you proud? The advice you gave me worked-"

"NO! Damn it, aren't you listening?! You have gotten hurt, why are you so stubborn?!"

I looked down, I was so happy I was able to defeat Ludociel on my own and by the help of Zeldris and I had thought he would be happy and proud of me too.

"I'm sorry.... I thought you would be proud of me..." Tears pricked my eyes, when Zeldris saw the tears he frowned and widened his eyes a little.

"Y/n- " before he could say anything I unfurled my wings and took off.

I don't even know why I'm this upset. I mean, he was worried about me, so I should've been touched.

But, I guess truth be told I wanted to hear a compliment, I wanted him to be proud of me and not disappointed. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I was in front of Elizabeth's hut.

Shit-

I widened my eyes and was about to take off again, however before I could the door opened and out came Meliodas.

"I knew I sensed someone I knew, come in y/n." he said with his usual cheery voice.

Hesitating after five minutes of debating whether I should go in or not I exhaled and went in anyway. How in the heck did I go here in the first place ??

"So, what brings you here? Sorry Elisabeth had to do something last minute so you can't talk to her if you wanted to see her"

"I wasn't thinking where I was going sorry to have bothered you I'll go now"

I was about to go, but a grip on my wrist prevented me from going anywhere.

I turned around and saw Meliodas holding my wrist with a frown on his face.

"Y/N, have you been crying? And OH MY GOD ARE YOU HURT?! What happened?! If someone has hurt you I'll end them-"

"It's ... nothing I swear, I got dust in my eyes and my wings are fine, so don't worry-"

"Y/n... please, don't lie to me, you're not fine, look at the state your wings are in. You're like a little sister to me and if someone or something has hurt you I'll end them. So please tell me"

I can't tell him about Zeldris, even if It's his brother I can't risk anything.

But, he knows me too well for me to come up with something, he won't believe me anyway.