Chapter 15

~Necklace Key~

Red : admiring/ dazed / showing love

Purple : jealousy

Yellow : worried

Black : angry

Pink : shy/ flustered/ embarrassed

Grey: sad

White : teasing

green : disgusted

Blue : happy/ soft

.......

I woke up feeling groggy and pain all over me. Everything ached.

"Y/N!"

Lock's voice called out from beside me. His eyes were red and puffy. Had he been crying? Everything had happened so fast. "What's wrong? You almost never call me by my name. It's usually Princess or some cheesy nickname," I tried to make a small joke, but he only looked down at the ground, a shadow over his eyes.

Glancing off to the side, I spoke. "Where's Meliodas?" Knowing him, Mel would be heartbroken after Liz....I couldn't bear to finish the thought.

"He hurt you and you want to know where he is!? He could've killed you and he just left without a word!" Lockwood yelled. He panted softly after raising his voice. My eyes widened.

"H-he just left?" I stuttered. "He wouldn't do that!" I shouted, immediately regretting it afterward. I began to cough harshly, my chest hurting immensely. "Careful! You broke a rib, idiot!" Lockwood shouted, helping me sit up. "That would've been nice to know earlier Lock-" I spoke sarcastically.

"Still, Meliodas wouldn't just leave without a reason...much less hurt me..."

"Well, he did okay!? And I thought that I would've been the one to accidentally hurt you...but it was him," Lockwood sighed. "Considering my past, I constantly worried if I'd accidentally hurt you, especially during training. I never thought that he of all people would hurt you..."

I looked up at him with sad eyes. As he turned around, he caught my sad gaze and looked down at the ground, walking towards the door to the small bedroom. "I should let you rest. Try not to move too much. Your wounds aren't completely healed yet,"

He left the room and closed the door without another word. I sighed. Even if Lockwood didn't admit it, I knew that he looked up to Meliodas. I let myself relax and soon fell asleep to the sound of my own thoughts.

.......

I was once again greeted by the lonely field of my dreams. Below the lone tree was Z, but something felt off today. I looked down and realized that my rib wound wasn't there. Do my injuries not affect me here? The grass around the tree looked as if it'd been ripped out.

"Z, are you okay?" I called out. He looked up at me and scoffed. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" he spoke back almost immediately. "You seem upset. Does it have anything to do with what you said earlier?" I asked suddenly.

'If you knew what happened you wouldn't say that..'

Zeldris stiffened, but relaxed once I spoke again. "I know that I've done a lot of reckless stuff as a kid, but I wasn't that bad," she laughed, thinking that he was referring to her reckless acts as a child. Zeldris stood up and threw a fist into the tree beside them. "It's not about that! You wouldn't understand!" He shouted angrily.