Chapter 17

~Necklace Key~

Red : admiring/ dazed / showing love

Purple : jealousy

Yellow : worried

Black : angry

Pink : shy/ flustered/ embarrassed

Grey: sad

White : teasing

green : disgusted

Blue : happy/ soft

.....

A couple of days had gone by and Meliodas never left my side. Our relationship had gone back to normal, as if nothing had happened two years ago. We all sat in the courtyard of Camelot castle, catching up with one another. As the days had passed, I had begun to notice something that I'm sure everyone else had noticed as well. Meliodas seemed tense; he wasn't acting like himself. Whenever someone would mention it, he would bounce right back to his usual smiley yet perverted persona.

Meliodas and Ban leaned on each other, seeing who could drink the fastest. Arthur sat and spoke with Merlin. King and Diane were talking as were Gowther and Elizabeth surprisingly. Lockwood and I created casual conversation here and there, but Lock did most of the talking. I couldn't help the sinking feeling I had. That strange rumbling a couple days ago....none of us knew what caused it.

"Say N/N, you're eighteen now right?" Meliodas suddenly spoke, leaning in close to my face. I nodded and scooted back; no one could ever be too cautious with Meliodas. "I am," I nodded hesitantly. "So that means that you're old enough to drink now then! I know some real good booze that you should try!"

Lockwood's eyes went wide and his hands wrapped around my ears. "No, no, no! I'm not letting the princess get drunk! She'd pass out after one drink," Lockwood huffed. I pulled his hands off of my ears roughly. "Well excuse me!" I exclaimed. "I would like to hear the conversation!"

"You don't need to hear this one! I'm not letting him give you alcohol!" Lockwood shouted. I began laughing, falling onto my back as tears welled up in my eyes. I wasn't quite sure why it made me laugh so much....I was just happy....seeing everyone smile.

But....it wasn't for long...

A tremor shook Brittania once again. Meliodas shot up from his seat, his joyful expression wiped from his face as if it was never there. "Merlin," the mage looked at him and nodded, snapping her fingers. Suddenly, we were above the sky on top of Hawks Mom. Heading straight towards Camelot was a gigantic creature. An abnormal surge of magical power emanated from it as it stepped forward. "Ready men!" I looked down to catch sight of Arthur down on the ground by his men. "Arthur!" I yelled out, but Lockwood held my arm firmly. "He has people to lead Y/N. He'll be fine,"

"There are no vital signs I can find, only large amounts of magical power," Merlin analyzed.

"It's a Great Beast Albion," Meliodas explained. "What is that?" Diane asked curiously. "A weapon created by the Demon Race during the Ancient War. It must have woken up around the same time the Ten Commandments did," Everyone looked at him confused. "Who are the Ten Commandments?"

"I promise to explain everything later,"

Lockwood muttered to himself. "The Ancient War or otherwise known as the Holy War." His mind drifted to the only Demon he had met before...