Chapter 18

~Necklace Key~

Red : admiring/ dazed / showing love

Purple : jealousy

Yellow : worried

Black : angry

Pink : shy/ flustered/ embarrassed

Grey: sad

White : teasing

green : disgusted

Blue : happy/ soft

~>>>~

I groaned softly, the sunsets light immediately hitting my eyes. I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes. My head hurt and my body felt groggy. “You’re finally awake,” they sighed, turning to look at me from where they sat not that far away. “I left for an hour and the three of you got yourselves drunk,” my eyes widened at the sight of Zeldris. “Z! You’re back! Oh wait- what would you prefer me to call you? I used to call you Oni and then Z, but your real name is Zeldris- but then…do I have to call you Lord Zeldris like Galand and Melascula do?”

“Any one of them is alright with me. But you don’t have to use any formal titles- you’re different…” his voice trailed off into a whisper. The necklace pulsated a gentle blue in my hands. I unconsciously found myself smiling down at the necklace. I heard the clank of armor, causing me to look up. Zeldris held out his hand for me to take and helped me to stand up. A light blush dusted my cheeks. “I haven’t forgotten what I said, don’t worry,” Zeldris smirked softly when my face erupted into a deep blush. I almost forgot about that-! 

“I know I said, but I need to take care of something first, then I’m all yours princess,”

My heart began thumping wildly. He only smirked softly. I smiled and chuckled. “You better not have forgotten. You made that promise eight years ago,” I laughed, putting my hands behind my back. I couldn’t help but smile. It was almost surreal, the idea of spending time with Z. He was finally here. He had been freed from his lonely space in my necklace. 

Abruptly, I beamed happily and jumped into his arms. “I still can’t believe that you’re here. I’m so happy,” The last part was so soft that even I could barely hear it. Zeldris’s eyes widened, flickering a bright green. A bright blush formed on his face. “Y-yeah,” he stuttered, barely able to form words. The necklace pulsated a wild pink. 

I pulled away and looked up to find him smiling down at me. His armored hand moved to gently cup my cheek. My eyes widened when I caught the glimpse of a sad yet soft smile. “I’ve missed you so much my angel,” I felt tears prick my eyes. I wasn’t sure why, but that single sentence made me want to cry. Hesitantly, I placed my hand on top of his and leaned into his palm. I looked off to the side and to the ground. I already knew that my face was red- I really didn’t want to look at Z’s smirking face. 

The demon let go and held my necklace in his hand, gazing into its red glare and simply smiled. “There’s somewhere I’d like to show you. Take my hand and hold on tight,” I was confused, but I didn’t say anything. I took his hand and he held me close to him. He kept his right hand around my waist, holding my body close to his. My whole face went beet red. He’s so close-!! I opened my mouth to speak, but I had screamed instead when he suddenly sprung up into the air. I wrapped my arms around his neck and clung tightly to him as fast as I could. Slowly, I opened my eyes one by one. They widened at the new sight.