Chapter - 22

Suman Malhotra was beaming with happiness today. Preeti's pregnancy was such a welcome news. It awoke so many feelings in her as well. She was silently curious about how it feels.
Talking to the whole family in the US felt great and when Nanu said that they'll be back in few months, her excitement added ten folds.

PC - Google

PC - Google

Then there was Shravan. She was always amazed by how much he loved her. Just not seeing her in the morning got him so worried.
She closed her eyes and could still feel how he gently caressed her hair aside before planting a kiss on her forehead. 'Sumo you're my world. I can't imagine the thought of not having any idea about you even for a minute. Please never do this again. Wake me up if I'm sleeping, but never be out of sight without me knowing exactly where you are'. His words made her heart so full as she never had anyone so scared of losing her.

'Kya baat hai Sumo, Shravan ke khayalon mein abhi bhi khoyi ho' teased Preeta as Sumo entered PCT after Shravan left.
Hmmm...
You're lucky Sumo, I never saw a more caring husband before said another worker packing lunch.

Haan ab is Dhurindher ko hi dekh lo, added Preeta. I'm very worried about him. He never takes anything seriously. Now this reality tv drama is going over my head.
Dhurindher se yaad aaya, ek box mein halwa bandh dena. Woh Guddu aane wala hai.
Sumo do you really believe that Guddu asked confused Preeta. It happens in movies but is it possible in real life?
He went through an accident that caused brain injury and getting over the tragedy of losing his parents on top of that,  is not easy Preeta. Maybe his  mind feels secure in his childhood memories. Hopefully he gets better with time.

This was the last batch, she continued. you guys can leave early today but please do come in early tomorrow, I want to discuss adding few additional options in the menus. And... she said smiling and taking out few envelopes from the drawer, here's bonus for all of you. All the women squad  happily group hugged her as she announced that they got contract for 5 additional offices!!

————-
Sumo is in danger said Shravan again as he stormed out of the office with Pushkar running behind. I'll drive Bhaiya you try calling Sumo.

Pick up the call Sumo!!! Shravan kept redialing hoping she picks this time.
Pushkar was driving as fast as he can, while Shravan kept calling her. "Don't worry Bhaiya, she's gonna be fine", but even Pushkar didn't believe his own words because he knew if Shravan has a doubt, there has to be a big reason.

Please pick up the phone Sumo..
"Shravan"
His heart sank hearing the voice on the other side. It was not Sumo.
Shravan Sumo ko...
Sumo ko kya Preeta?? Shravan couldn't process even the thought of something happening to Sumo
'Sumo ko woh log.... Gaadi mein ... le gaye' she said pausing in between trying to fathom what just unfolded before her.
As they pulled over in front of PCT Shravan saw Dhurindher sitting on the ground crying with his head down. He then saw few bundles of cash next to him.