Chapter - 23

Hey guys! Sorry for taking forever to update. But I'm gonna try for a weekly one now till I complete this story. If you have few extra minutes, I would request you to read the previous chapter, just to remember the ongoing track. Thank you again!! Happy reading..

It's been four hours since Suman has been kidnapped, yet there's no call from the kidnappers and we got no clue where exactly she is, said Ramnath in frustration.
We will find Suman, Ramnath, you don't worry replied the Commissioner. We're ready to tap the call and once we trace their location, we will get her back. My team is on standby.

Shravan was quiet, restlessly walking from one corner to the another. Each passing minute was making him more anxious. Please be safe Sumo, he kept repeating in his mind as if he was buying more time for himself.

"Shravan tell me everything what led to Suman's kidnapping, who is Guddu and how is he related to Berry's case? And what press conference were you talking about? questioned Ramnath as he sighed remembering of what Suman had to endure because of him. It was all going good, finally Shravan and Suman were happy and now this case has messed up everything. What if something happens to her? How will I forgive myself? How will I face Tiwari ji?

Papa you please calm down. Nothing will happen to Sumo assured Shravan and explains what he had planned to do by arranging this Conference.
"I was expecting for them to make a mistake but undermining what they can do to get hold of the Will was my mistake. But we have to anticipate their every move now, and for that I need to first know if Sumo is okay"

Bhaiya do you believe Dhurindher is telling the truth? Do you really think he doesn't know anything? He was the one who called Sumo close to the kidnappers.
They used him Chotte. They told him that they want to donate the money to Sumo's business and he believed them. There's no doubt his foolishness put Sumo's life in danger, but the fact is that he got played. This was no coincidence, someone meticulously planned it.
Did you get information about the Oberoi family members?

For now just that, Mahesh Oberoi has a son named Gautam, who studies in California, while Mukesh Oberoi has two daughters, both married, one lives in Melbourne and the other one in Florida. We're tracking their social media accounts but everyone's account is private. I've someone on it, we'll have more information soon.

"Dhurindher, try hard to remember everything about Guddu or the others involved. Or even the van, something that you found odd".

Ek baat ajeeb dikhi thi Shravan ji replied Dhurindher, not sure if this important or not but the other day I just opened the door of the vanity to go check how it looks from inside and saw Guddu on the bed, he was talking on the phone. He got startled when he saw me, the Assistant Producer took me out of the van right away. One more thing, he had a big chain with locket around his neck.
What kind of chain?
A golden chain with big letter 'G'

The Commissioner updated Shravan that they found the vanity van that matches the description of the one Dhurindher provided, from a security camera close to PCT. "Now that we got the license plates, my team is working on getting more details about where it's headed. I believe there will be a call soon Shravan. I've to leave but my team is here ready to take any action as needed. I'll keep you posted on any new development in regards to the van.
Thank you Uncle Shravan replied with a faint smile because he knew that it must be a rental vanity and they must've changed vehicles already

Oberoi mansion outhouse:

Berry awakens to some strange sounds unlike his earlier days of confinement. After a few moments of struggling to open his eyes because of the bright lights he was able finally see the new place.

"Look what you've done to yourself Berry", a familiar voice made him turn to the right where Mahesh Oberoi was sitting tall lighting his cigar. Is that land really worth losing your life? Losing your family he asks exhaling the cigar smoke

It's certainly worth more to you. And I'm still alive, that means you didn't find the Will yet Berry chuckled.

We will have your Will real soon. Ramnath is about to give in, he and his son cannot do anything about it.
Shravan? Is Shravan helping out Ramnath? You guys beware now, you have no idea who you're dealing with, laughed Berry

Take him to the room Saniyal screamed Mahesh furiously stepping out of the guest house. Call Rahul Sippy and get Berry's name off the list, he instructed Mukesh before getting in his car
I'll do it right away Bhaisaab replied a little distracted Mukesh. He hasn't told Mahesh about not able to get hold of Gautam yet. He has this feeling that Gautam is up to something.

Malhotra Office:

Shravan was on the edge, with each passing second he just hope there's some positive news about Sumo. He did a conference call with all his informers to get a list of all registered and unregistered properties of the Oberois including their workers and closest allies.
They were all set to tap the call as he was impatiently waiting for the phone to ring

He jumped from the other end as the phone rang hoping it was Sumo but was disappointed to find out it was Rahul on the other end

Someone called and asked me to take off Berry's name off the list as the supporter of the conference. He didn't introduced himself but complained that Berry's office is getting lot of interview requests and congratulatory calls but Berry is out of country and will not be able to attend it. He threatened me before hanging up

It must be Saniyal. I suspected something like this to happen but didn't think that they'll go this far and kidnap my wife, replied Shravan
What they kidnapped your wife? I'm so sorry. Did you get any call from them?
No not yet but I know I will get one very soon. Take his name off and be safe. Meanwhile please dig out any information you can of everyone from the Oberoi family specially Gautam Oberoi
I'll get right on to it. Keep me in the loop and Shravan take care, call me anytime if you need help
Hmmm..

Is ehsaas ke alawa
Ab koi ehsaas nahi
Sau baras sa lage hai lamha
Jo tum paas nahi..

— Łūbnã

Precap: Shravan circles it on the board. "I think I know where Berry's Will is"...

AN: Hope it was a good read! Let me know if you like the poetry. Please do vote and comment. Next update soon...