Chapter 20

Shravan's trance was broken at the knock on his cabin door following  Pushkar barging in.
He then stopped as Shravan seemed startled at his entry. You busy bhaiya?

No was just talking to Sumo.
'I'll see you after I get back Sumo'

What's the update?
Rahul just called, he'll meet us at a restaurant close to his office in 30 minutes, which means we've to start now
Sounds good! Let's go then.

If you don't mind, asked Rahul taking a sip of his cocktail after their formal introduction, can I know who's life is in danger. I'm asking this because I can help more by involving his name making it easy for you guys.
Pushkar looked at Shravan, actually we don't..
Berry Singh from Berry Constructions interrupted Shravan.
Oh no it's Mr. Berry, I met him a couple of months ago in Chandigarh. But what happened to him?

He's been held captive, and the ones who kidnapped him are even bigger people. They did it so effortlessly that even his office staff has no idea about it. According to office staff Berry's on a vacation yet they're getting his instructions whenever needed. What can you do to help more?

First of all I've to move forward the date of the Conference to next month, the proof of the flyer I sent was just to give you guys an idea of what I had in mind. I need time to get everything plan accordingly and moreover if we rush the Conference we won't have enough builders and sponsors to support.

Right! I had concerns about the date too, it doesn't matter when you hold the conference but we need something for them to flinch.

What we can do is to mention the names of the builders who we are sending invitation to join this conference. I can announce about this in a press conference, almost all news channels will cover specially for their local business segment. I can use Berry's name as the biggest supporter of the first ever joint conference.

Perfect replied Shravan
How soon can you do this press conference? asked Pushkar
"It has to be by noon tomorrow and it could be printed and aired by evening in all business segments on the news channels and websites"

Just not to be suspicious, can you add another name as a supporter for this conference. We don't wanna take any chance, added Shravan
"Sure I can"
Great! Truly appreciate your help Rahul!

How's Raj asked Pushkar, when is he visiting India?
Maybe in Christmas break, I'll make sure you guys meet this time!

I'm gonna meet him too, after all it's Pushkar and Sumo's friend, quipped Shravan while shaking hands with Rahul before leaving.

Why did you tell him about Berry bhaiya?
It made sense to me that he could help and I'm content with the his plan. He seemed quite impressive
Yeah that's why he's the President of the chamber replied Pushkar while driving back home.

Oh God so many missed calls and messages from Preeti, she's gonna be so mad now said Pushkar checking his phone. Drive faster bhaiya warna aaj khana nahi milega. Pata nahi Sumo ne kya banaya hai dinner me?
Itna pata hai ke mere liye halwa zaroor hoga smiled Shravan thinking about Sumo.

Everyone at Malhotra House was waiting as they joined them at the dining table.
Suno was just happy looking at Shravan eating his favorite halwa with the same excitement like he used to 10 years ago.

May I come in? Asked Shravan as he entered his Dad's room. Shravan didn't miss the worry on Ramnath's face as he excused himself after dinner. 'Don't worry about the case Papa, I'll handle it'

I know you're trying Beta, he replied making him sit next to him on the couch, but there's no clue of Berry. By the way Shikha is coming tomorrow afternoon at the office.
Yeah hopefully we get a breakthrough. You don't think about the case and have a goodnight.
Goodnight Beta.

'Us Dhurinder ko bol bach kar rahe in sab se' Shravan smiled as he entered the room and saw Sumo talking on the phone. He hugged her as she was giving instructions to Preeta. 'Acha kal milte hai'.

You know Shravan Preeta was saying Dhurinder is doing a reality show, can you believe it?
And my wife is talking about it, can you believe it he said hugging her tight.
She chuckled hitting him on his arm.
How was the meeting?
It was great, hope there's some positive sign by tomorrow.

Oberoi Mansion:

Bhaisaab there's a bad news.
What is it Saniyal? Asked Mahesh Oberoi making a move on the chessboard
Ji woh Gautam baba!
Kya hua Gautam ko asked Mukesh
Un ko kuch nahi hua par..
Saaf saaf bolo kya kiya Gautam ne is baar? Asked Mahesh
Ji unhone ek waiter ko shoot kar diya, us ne ghalati se paani gira diya tha un par
Mar gaya woh waiter ya zinda hai?
Zinda hai!
Us ko jitna paisa chahiye de kar case band karwao! Aur hai kahan Gautam aaj kal?
He's in Miami Bhaisaab, I talked to him last week, replied Mukesh. You don't worry, everything's under control.
Hope this Ashiana matter solves before he's back, you know how much he's passionate about building this casino. And i told you guys to get Berry here, I want to talk to him. Why isn't he here yet?

Actually Bhaisaab, he's not eating food. So we had to put him on fluids. He's insisting on talking to Ramnath.

Hmmm.. get him here tomorrow, let me talk to him first then we'll decide what to do next

Now no running around Sumo, rest now it's a long day tomorrow for both of us, said Shravan pulling her close to him but got interrupted by the phone ringing.
I need to check it Shravan
Not now Sumo! Who takes phone calls at midnight?
Someone who's family is in US, now let go off me, what if it's Nanu?
Ok but don't take long and turn the ringer off right away

Hello Sumooo
Kaun?
Mein Guddu Sumo he replied in a crying tone, jis ko tum ne halwa diya tha!
Oh Guddu itni raat ko kyun phone kiya, aur tum ro kyun rahe ho?
Shravan sits up on the bed hearing Guddu's name. why is he calling you now? How did he get your number?
Shravan wait, he's crying. Let me talk to him first

Sumooo I called to say thank you
Ok but why're you crying?
'My uncle... he said sobbing continuously, is sending me back to the orphanage tomorrow, so I wanted to say thank you to you, you're my only friend after my parents. And my uncle hit me today. I took his phone after he slept to say thank you to you'
Oh no why did he hit you

Sumo! Stop talking, you don't know him it could be dangerous!
He's in danger Shravan not dangerous, she replied muting the call for few seconds making him furious.

Is Travann ji always mad at you? He asked wiping his tears
She laughed at this, yes almost but Travann ji is very cute too. It's too late so he wants me to sleep. You go to sleep now too. Take care of yourself.
Ok Sumooo goodnight but can I call you sometimes from the orphanage?
Sumo's eyes welled up hearing this, yes you can Guddu.

Sumo bumped into Shravan as she turned hanging up the call. She could see how worried and angry he was both at the same time.

Do you believe him Sumo? He could be playing with you. You don't even know him, why're you trusting him?

Relax Shravan, poor kid is in trouble.
Kid!?! Shravan rolled his eyes, he's just a stranger, I'm worried for you. I don't have a good feeling about this.
You named me Sumo because I can handle when things go wrong and besides if something happens I've you to hold on to me.....

                       Tum salamat rahogi
                       Koi mujhe ye zamanat de de
                       Rab se hai guzarish
                      Tumhe woh apni Amaanat de de

— Łūbnã

A/N: Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Do let me know what you think about it. I'm on to the next chapter already. So hopefully I'll update real soon! Thanks for reading!

Lubna :)