Chapter 10

Hey everyone, Welcome to ShraMan's Wedding. I tried my best to be accurate in depicting the wedding rituals, but please ignore and forgive if I did go wrong anywhere. I was shooting questions to friends for the steps for the wedding. Thanks Dips and Debbie. I really hope you guys like as everyone was excited for the wedding. Tried my best, hope to meet your expectations. Also included is another stanza for Sumo's song for Vidaai. Please let me know your views. Thank You.

So when did this all started Sumo!!! Tell us all about it, said Anjali. "Tum done to bade chupe rustum nikle, pata bhi nahi chalne diya".

You fight so much in front of others and love each other when you are alone, teased Poorna.

Suman could only smile thinking about how silly they've been. Before she could even say anything, Preeti started "I'll tell you everything about them". She told them how they both loved each other since their childhood.

As Preeti was narrating Anjali and Poorna their story, Suman was lost in all the memories she had with Shravan, as if her whole life flashed in front of her. Then came the sound of the Baraat, the closer the baraat was getting the harder her heart was beating with anticipation.

Poorna, Anjali and Preeti asked Suman to join to go see the baraat from upstairs but she told them to go ahead.

Suman held her parents's picture frame and hugged it and silently asked them to bless her new life with Shravan. Her eyes then landed on the other picture frame which had Shravan with her. She picked it up and looked herself in the mirror thinking what would her life be if Shravan was not in there. Her heart knew the answer "Nothing"... Since she remembered Shravan was in some way or the other the pillar of her existence after Nanu. She just smiled at the feeling of getting married to her best friend who she used to bully around, and he let her. His love never changed, even when he claimed he hated her, she could see the concern in his eyes.

She put both the pictures in the box she's taking with her. The sound of the band stopped, which meant Shravan was coming in. She was feeling like butterflies running in her stomach. Heartbeat doesn't wanna calm down, an overwhelming feeling was engulfing her.

..........

Shravan got down of the horse with a heart full of happiness that he never felt before. Never he felt this light, there was no heaviness on his mind and soul. Just Happiness.

Shravan was about to go in for the tika when Pushkar stopped him.

This is not done bhaiya!!! It's your wedding and you have to dance and he signaled the band to start playing again.

Shravan tried to make an excuse but Varun and Aditya too requested him.

Apni shaadi pe nahi to dusre ki shaadi pe naachega Kya??? Questioned Lalaji making Shravan blush.

Shravan then danced for couple of minutes with Pushkar making everyone applaud for him.

Tiwari's were ready to Welcome the Malhotras now. Rachna Maasi was ready with Aarti thali and Preeti was standing with the flower petals thaal.

"Maine kaha tha na tika to main Dulhan ki Maasi se hi lagwaoonga", said Shravan as she put tika on his forehead, reminding her of Pushkar's wedding.

Kab se dil me chupa ke rakha tha hamari Suman ko?? she asked.

Bachpan se bua replied Preeti while showering flower petals at him.

Shravan took Nanu's blessing as they were welcomed by the Tiwaris. Mama, Mami, Mausaji welcomed the Malhotras with folded hands.