Chapter 9

Hey everyone, Welcome to ShraMan's Haldi and Baraat. Thanks a lot for requesting me not to end this story yet. I really appreciate that and respect your requests too, so I'm not ending it for now. That's why you'll have a detailed Haldi and Baraat in this Chapter, as I wanted to dedicate a whole chapter to wedding rituals. I also have a new stanza for the title song. Really hope you guys like the whole chapter and the song too. Lastly Thanks everyone who Nominated me for the FanFictionAwards2017 .

Shravan reached home smiling, feeling overwhelmed as two days ago he thought he didn't have a home to come to and today he was eager to get to the house that now felt like home. He went straight to the guest room where Nirmala was staying, seeing his Mom at Malhotra House was something he had even stopped dreaming about since a very very long time. He had lost all hopes, but he forgot he had Sumo who not only hoped but tried that he would have a complete family one day. And here he was, standing in front of the room where his Mom was, not able to sustain his enthusiasm, but then he waited, took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Aaja Shravan main tera hi wait kar rahi thi", said Nirmala.

"Maa aap theek to hai na yahan, kisi cheez ki kami to nahi hai na".

"I'm fine beta, you don't worry about me", just sit with me, she pointed him to sit on the bed next to her, but he sat down near her legs and put his head on her lap.

"I'm sorry Mom" said Shravan in a low voice as if he was disappointed by himself for hating her so much.

"No more sorry , you've already told me so many times since we met today".

I'm very happy that Suman is going to be your life partner Shravan. She loves you a lot. But I couldn't understand it, that's the reason I got Aditya's proposal for her".

It's not your fault Mom even I was very late to understand Sumo's love". But I'm glad that I was wrong about you and she was always right. She tried to make me believe in you even risking everything she had just to make sure she gets you back in my life.

Just then Aditya and Pushkar comes in, they see Shravan sitting with Nirmala, Pushkar quickly takes a pic and sends it to Suman.

Aditya was about to turn and leave from there when Shravan calls him, "you can come in Aditya". Do you have to talk to Maa??

Aditya was happy, this was the first time Shravan talked to him nicely, and happy to see his Mom happy. "I just came to say GoodNight to Mom, you guys carry on I'll come back in the morning". It's OK I was about to leave, Maa I'm too tired, I'll see you in the morning. Good Night.

Nirmala kissed his forehead saying Good Night.

Suman was looking at the Mehendi pics with Preeti when she gets Pushkar's text, her smile grew wider looking at the picture and thanked Pushkar for sending it. She shows it to Preeti and she takes the phone to look at the pic and accidentally puts it to silent mode. After talking for a while Preeti tucks Suman to bed leaving the phone on the side table.

Shravan ran up to his room and dialed Sumo's number. She was not picking up. "Pick up the phone Sumo!!!, I want to talk right now" he sighed. He kept trying till he finally fell asleep.

Suman wakes up early and smiles at her Mehendi, "this is it" she thinks, today she is getting married to Shravan and that feeling was enough to make her eyes moist with happiness. She quickly washed her Mehendi off to see the darkest color she ever had proving Shravan's love, as everyone had told her. "The darker the Mehendi gets, the more your husband loves you". She laughed at herself for believing in these silly sayings, but today she want to believe everything that would anyway prove Shravan's love to her. She came out of her trance and rushed to the kitchen and made tea and breakfast even before everyone woke up.