Chapter 5

Suman gets startled and drops the receiver. "How dare you come in Shravan's office. Don't you have any shame, you are getting married to someone and trying to woo my son again. I told you he does'nt love you," said Ramnath furiously.

Uncle meri baat to suniye please.

"Mujhe kuch nahi sunna hai Suman, agar tum Tiwariji ki natin nahi hoti to main tumhe kabhi Shravan ke Kareeb aane nahi deta. Tum jaisi aurton ko main ache se jaanta hoon. Tum bilkul Nirmala jaisi ho, ziddi, abhimaani, independent. Jab maine aisi biwi ko bardaasht nahi kiya to tumhe bahu kaise banne doonga."

Chahe isse Shravan ko takleef ho?? asked Suman.

Woh theek ho jayega, tumhe us ki fikar karne ki zaroorat nahi?

"Zaroorat hai uncle, kyunki main Shravan se pyar karti hoon. Aur maine aapko bola tha, jab main aapko blank check lautane aayi thi, ke jis din Shravan Mujhse apne pyar ka izhaar karega, main peeche nahi hatoongi".

What do you mean by that???

What I mean is that Shravan confessed that he loves me and I cancelled my wedding with Aditya.

This cannot happen. Ramnath screams.

Uncle please don't do anything that would end up hurting Shravan. He loves you a lot. Don't take away the only person he trusts blindly with his life. I cannot leave him and I don't want him to lose you.

Suman!!! He screamed again.

Bas uncle aur kuch........she turns and sees Shravan from the blinds in the next cabin on the phone. She gulps in worry.

Shravan !!! Uncle Shravan

Shravan !!! Uncle Shravan....phone....

He looks at the receiver that Suman dropped when he entered.

Suman rushes out to the next cabin, she found Shravan kneeled down on the floor. Shravan!!! She shouted. I'm sorry Shravan I never wanted you to know about all this. Pushkar was just stunned and was figuring out what did his Bhaiya hear that broke him so much.

Ramnath enters and tries to talk. Shravan just shows his hand to stop him right there.

Kyun Papa?? Kyun kiya aisa??

I thought you loved me. Then why?

I didn't want to hurt you Shravan but just wanted a better life.

Hurt!! You are talking about not hurting me!!!!

I was dying everyday because of Sumo's indifference. How didn't you not see my pain? I became a bloody drunkard, fought with goons, misbehaved with Sumo and even broke my friendship with her. How didn't you know her friendship was my life?

"Shravan I thought you would not be happy with an independent woman".

Forget happiness Papa, I can only be with her. I loved her since my childhood, she is the only woman for me and I made it clear that day when I confessed my love to her.