Chapter - 24

Malhotra House:

I can't see Preeti like this Mummyji, she's not eating anything or taking her vitamins said Vandy wiping off her tears. It's my fault that she knows about Suman's kidnapping.
Nahi puttar, Preeti ko pata chalna hi tha. Us ka haq banta hai yeh jaanne ka is parivaar mein kya chal raha hai, khaas taur par agar baat Suman ke baare ho exclaimed Lalaji. Preeti bahut strong hai aur usse bhi strong hai us ka vishwas apni bhakti par. Suman puttar ko toh ghar aana hi hai bahut jald

Preeti had been crying profusely and praying in the Mandir since she knew about the kidnapping. She had lit a diya for Suman's safe return. Kamini along with Vandy and Lalaji joins Preeti in the mandir as they pray together.

Chalo ab thoda khana kha lo beta, kuch der aaraam kar ke phir aa jana said Kamini as she hugged Preeti from the side while gently making her stand.
Par Suman Di ko koi kyun kidnap karega?
Lagta hai woh kidnapper Shravan ko nahi jaanta. Do you think anyone can keep them apart for long. Just watch how he puts all this to end and bring Suman back home safely. Keep faith in God then trust Shravan. This made Preeti chuckle. Chalo aaj mai tumko apne haath se khilaungi
Thank you Mummyji

Oberoi Mansion Outhouse:

Something is seriously wrong, wondered Mukesh. Gautam always picks up my call, this is the first time he hasn't called back even after the number of times I tried calling him for the past couple of weeks. I really hope he doesn't mess up anything in this case.
"Make sure Berry eats Saniyal"
Can I trick him by giving assurance to help reach out to his family?
Do anything you want to make him eat, but I have a feeling the call won't connect, winks Mukesh before heading out of the door
Samajh gaya Sirji

Malhota Office:

Shravan was perplexed, each passing moment felt like a lifetime. He couldn't fathom the fact that his Sumo has been kidnapped and he has no clue of her whereabouts. He's been feeling more helpless after Commissioner called and informed that they found the Vanity that was used for kidnapping. Apparently, the Vanity rental got a call from a car wash place to pick up the van that had been left out there for deep cleaning and wash.
Shravan knew whoever is behind this don't want to leave a trace. They were thinking two steps ahead of everyone.
Shravan was frustrated. What am I missing? He screamed in the empty conference room. He had asked everyone to leave him alone for little while.

I've got something Pushkar texted. Be right there.
So Bhaiya our IT team has been decoding the Oberoi's social media accounts but couldn't find any pictures of Gautam Oberoi, this guy seems to be very careful, could've deleted or never posted pictures. Even in the wedding posts of his sisters he's nowhere tagged or mentioned. We looked up for the Oberoi hashtag, it's mostly about Mahesh Oberoi's political pictures, but... he continued we found a picture from a masquerade party in Florida from last month that had a picture with the hashtag OberoiPrince. We can't see the face but look at the gold chain in his neck, it has the letter 'G'

Shravan immediately called the front office and asked them to send Dhurinder, Preeta and Shikha in the Conference room. He texted his dad to join as well.

'Check your email' - his phone pinged with a message from Rahul

As they all joined in, Shravan shared the picture on the projector and before he could ask Dhurinder to identify the chain, Dhurinder himself called out "Guddu ne bhi aisi hi chain pehni thi".
Aisi hi nahi, yeh Guddu hi hai aka Gautam Mahesh Oberoi replied Shravan

What Mahesh Oberoi kidnapped Suman?? Exclaimed Ramnath. Let's lodge an FIR against them and go straight to his house with the search warrant and find Suman

Shravan wasn't surprised. He had this feeling that Guddu is not what he appears to be and after Sumo's kidnapping he was sure that Guddu is after the Will. "No Papa we don't have enough proof. Plus I don't think they'll risk taking Sumo to their house ". I've already given instructions to check all of Oberoi's registered and unregistered properties.

I don't understand this, questioned a very confused Shikha. When they have Berry with them, why are they after the Will? They can make a new one. Why did they kidnap your wife?

Actually Shikha, they will definitely make a new one but after acquiring the original Will. I'm pretty sure Berry is not cooperating, replied Ramnath. If they make a new Will made by new lawyer and even Berry's signature is on there, it will be a hassle for them to prove that it's an authentic one given that it's prepared by someone new and moreover if the original Will is out it will confuse the investors who might threaten to back off.

I'll go over everything in detail assured Shravan as he drew a circle in the middle of the dry erase board. 'This is Aashiana, he continued, Mahesh Oberoi bought the land on each side and now he wants the land in the middle which is Aashiana, demolish it and build a Casino on it before the flyover is built. But because of Berry's sentimental history towards the land he refused. Also he had gifted Aashiana to Shikha', he adds Shikha's name on the other side of the board and continues, Berry knew they were after the Will. So on the day Berry was kidnapped he called Dad, but Dad wasn't in the right state of mind that day; he looks at Ramnath who for few seconds was back in that moment feeling vulnerable at the thought of losing his son that day
It's ok Papa. Shravan paused and held Ramnath's arm then continued. So Papa couldn't take the call but Berry kept calling while he was driving, most probably while he was being chased. He must be passing PCT at that time. Shravan adds PCT on the board

But Bhaiya, if Berry had stopped at PCT the guys who were chasing should've known about that. But since he had been kidnapped, how come the Oberois never mentioned PCT or Sumo?
That's because they thought Dad had the Will Chotte. And also that maybe Berry tricked the guys who were chasing him for little.
Now take a look at this document Rahul just sent me. Oberois are investing 50 crores and had already started seeking proposals from investors for another whopping 50 crores for the rest of the amount to complete the casino. And looks like Gautam must be the one leading the charge.

I'm pretty sure he must've looked at the cctv footage on the day Berry was chased. He connected the dots and figured out a way to get into Sumo's life pretending as Guddu so he can himself find the Will. This guy is a mastermind, sighed Shravan as he added Gautam's name and the thought that Sumo is with him gave him chills.
He used me cried Dhurinder, I swear, really swear Preeta I have not done anything intentionally, he holds her hands to seek forgiveness.
Kya faayda Dhurinder, Sumo ko toh le gaye woh replied Preeta with disappointment. But Shravan Guddu didn't find anything at PCT

Yaad karo Preeta. Did Berry come inside PCT? I know he didn't meet Sumo, she would've remembered if he did.
Kahin Berry ne mailbox mein toh nahi daal diya? Who checks the mailbox Preeta?
Sumo does it usually but don't think it was in the mail when we checked yesterday
Who checked it yesterday?
I did, and was coming inside that's when Guddu came in and he bumped into me, he then said sorry and helped me pick it up
That means Guddu did check the mail to find the Will yesterday. What about the mail from last week?
Usually Sumo checks it here but sometimes she takes it home too.

Flashback:

"Are you done with your investor presentation?
Wahi toh batane phone kiya tha. Preeta ne files meri gaadi me rakh di thi aur mein lena hi bhool gayi. Tum gusse mein jo the!! Sab tumhari ghalati hai! But it's ok I'll get it tomorrow anyway" Shravan remembered his call with Sumo

Shravan circles PCT on the board. "I think I know where Berry's Will is". Chotte you

Shravan!!! Screams Preeti and she slam opens the Conference room door panting heavily. There's a call for you... Suman Di...

Hope you're okay
My heart prays on repeat
For my world revolves around
The sound of your heartbeat ..

— Łūbnã

AN: Hope you guys like it! Do vote and comment if you did. Thanks for reading!