Chapter - 26

Malhotra Office:

Malhotra family was shaken to the core. Ramnath had been fighting land disputes and criminal cases for decades but it had never affected the family in any way. They were still celebrating Preeti's pregnancy news and the day that started with so much happiness turned into a nightmare in no time. The fact that the kidnapper was thinking two steps ahead of everyone was scary, but they all put a brave front before Shravan.

They all were holding tight and watching Shravan, who they knew must've been crumbling inside at the thought his Sumo being hurt, yet he was calm, cross checking and thinking everything through so he doesn't overlook anything. He couldn't afford any error made from their side as Sumo's life was at stake. He was leaving no stone unturned to get her  noback safely.

The Assistant Commissioner along with his team joined everyone in the Conference room, and turned on the projector. 'This guy is playing very smart said the officer. It took us long but we tracked the numbers used to call you both the times. To start, they were two different numbers but...' he paused and drew circles on the map, then continued 'they were found in two different locations across the city. They were both tracked down to trucks driving in opposite directions. So bottom line is, we're not sure where exactly he is'.

He could be anywhere replied Shravan. He knows the time it will take to track him down, so he's using his men to confuse us.
Make him talk a little longer Mr. Malhotra, that will help us a lot
I know Officer, but Gautam is familiar with these situations and he very well knows how to handle it without getting caught.
We can go to Oberoi house with the warrant Shravan, I don't want to wait any longer. Mahesh Oberoi has to return Suman, a kidnapping allegation and warrant cannot be taken lightly said Ramnath

I know Papa, but I don't think Mahesh or anyone family member know about this
What are you talking about Shravan? they kidnapped Berry!
Yes Papa, trust me, this could be an advantage if taken wisely at the right time. We'll keep the warrant ready but I want to wait until I talk to Sumo. I need to make sure she's safe and right now that's my utmost priority. One positive news is that Berry is in Oberoi mansion or somewhere in the same compound but I believe it's not the right time to raid.

Shravan explained everything and requested the Commissioner to send a team to surround Oberoi mansion but just be on standby for now, until he gives the green signal.

Come on now call back!! He kept checking his phone hoping Gautam calls back and this time he can talk to Sumo

Gautam's hideout:

Who are you? If you're not Guddu then who are you? asked Suman

I am Gautam Oberoi!!! The Prince of Oberoi Family.

You guys kidnapped Berry first and now me? We don't have the Will. Berry didn't come to PCT or gave me or my helpers anything
We wouldn't have to kidnap you guys if you had cooperated in the first place. My dream project is on stake!
Dream project scoffs Sumo rolling her eyes. Aashiana was Berry's Dad's dream project too, what about that? And do you even realize what a dream is Guddu? Oh sorry, you're not the orphan Guddu, you're The Gautam Oberoi, who found an easier way to make money and calls it a dream project. If you really want to know what a dream is, go meet the kids in Aashiana.

Look I'm not interested in your lecture, he responds

I know but you still have to listen, go meet them once. You'll see in their eyes what a dream is. Each day when kids over there wakes up, they just dream to be back with their families and each day their dream is broken with the harsh reality. But Aashiana gives them hope, gives them a family which may not be related by blood but related by same unfortunate circumstances that brought them together.
'You could be a great teacher you know, you're wasting your time doing business and most of all, you're wasting your time in trying to teach me. I'm not Guddu MRS. SUMAN MALHOTRA who would just agree to whatever you say, he screamed stepping closer to her. I don't care about those orphans, it's just a land. They can go live somewhere else'