Centaur

"Is this really necessary?" you asked, looking up at the farm house that belonged to your grandfather.  He was once said to have been one of the best explorers of the new world and now owns one of the most unique ranches in the country.  Your mother is sending you to live with him for, well she didn't tell you how long. You doubt he actually knows you're coming.  You haven't even seen your grandfather since you were a little kid and even then, the memory is fuzzy.

"You know it is." your mom chuckled stopping the car.

Raising an eyebrow at that, you grabbed your bag and climbed out. Yelping and covering your face when she drove away quickly, spraying rocks as the car left. 

"That's (M/N), for you." Blinking over at the raspy voice, you saw your grandfather walking onto the porch with a smile on his face, "Always leaving before I get a chance to say hi."

"She doesn't like to stay in one place to long." You agreed, "Where should I put my bag?"

"Claude will take care of that." He explained, motioning for someone to exit the house. At the sight of the person who came out, you froze. He was walking on two legs, but his legs were like a goats and he had curved horns on his head. 

"A sayter?" You gasped, jumping when your grandfather chuckled and put a hand on your shoulder, leading you to the barn.

"Yes, indeed. Many of the creatures I meet on my journeys wanted to come live with me here. There are all sorts of creatures here and since you're going to be here for the summer, it would be best if you get reacquainted with most of them. Tell me, have you ever ridden a horse?"

"Not that I can recall." You admitted, looking around the large barn. No unusual creatures that you could see.

"That's okay. Titus can show you how. Isn't that right Titus." At your grandfather's call, a man in a stall turned and leaned against it. Examining you for a minute before a wide smile crossed his face.

"(Y/N)? Is that really you?" You couldn't remember they guy, but you nodded anyway.

"I haven't seen you since we were knee high on a grasshopper." He laughed opening the door and stepping out. Your jaw practically dropping when you saw that he was a centaur.

"Ah, sorry, I don't really remember you." You apologized, wincing at the frown on his face that quickly returned to a smile.

"That's okay. We were really little back then. Now you needed horse ridding lessons. We can do that another day. For now, I think a trip about the estate would be best. Get you used to all the creatures again." Nodding at his request, you raised an eyebrow when he held a hand out to you, "You might want to get on."

"Can't I just walk around?" You questioned, earning a laugh from both Titus and your grandfather, who was already mounted on a regular horse.

"You'll be worn out before we even get halfway done." Grandfather chuckled. Still not sure about it, you grabbed Titus's hand and let him pull you up onto his horse back.

"Now hold on." He encouraged, though you lightly held onto his shirt.

"Look, I don't really know you and this is my first time so can we...Whoa!" you yelped and wrapped around him as he ran off with your grandfather following close behind.

-Time skip 8 months later-

"Papa, I'm going for a ride." You called, pulling on a jacket.

"(Y/N), I'm not so sure about that." he called, as you got two cups of coffee as a way to bribe him. Handing one to him, you gave him a quick hug and started sipping yours.