Frankenstein's Monster

His Pov

Gasping for breath, I didn't know what was happening. I don't know anything about what's going on.

"Easy, it's okay." Hearing the voice, I shifted my eyes over to see (E/C). They were kind and almost instantly calmed me down. I know I can trust this person.

"I can't believe you're alive." They laughed, with a large smile, "My name is (Y/N). I'm the servant of the man who put you together, Dr. Frankenstein."

Looking around I only saw (Y/N) though. If Dr. Frankenstein put me together then where the doctor? (Y/N) must have been able to read my mind, because they gave me a small smile.

"He stepped out after his last attempt failed. I made some alterations and brought you to life. If you could make him think it was him, I would be really grateful."

I don't understand why (Y/N) doesn't want me to mention that they brought me to life, but I'll do what they ask.

"What happened?" I groaned, sitting up, which seemed to startle (Y/N). Their mouth dropped open as they stepped back. Confused, I looked down at my wrists to see metal around them.

"I could have just let you up if you asked." They chuckled, " I guess you're probably hungry. I've got some food here if you want to eat."

Blinking at the platter they put in front of me, I hesitantly started nibbling on it. Smiling as I put a green ball in my mouth and was greeted with a nice taste.

"You must prefer grapes then." They giggled as I started eating more of them. I hadn't realized (Y/N) was watching.

Nodding eagerly, I gave them a small smile as their smiled widened.

Seven Months Later

Feeling my muscles twitch from the hard tests, I put a hand on my arm to calm the muscles down. Ever since I woke up and meet Dr. Frankenstein, it was nothing but tests. Mental and Physical tests mostly. Sometime, if I do good on a test, I can eat. If I do bad, I don't get to.

(Y/N), I've learned, is a slave. Not getting paid for service to the doctor. There have been many times where I've seen him physically hurt them, but I couldn't do anything or we would both get in more trouble. Often times, they will sneak me food and bandages if I get injured during a test. Tensing at the sound of the door creaking open, I let out a breath when I saw (Y/N) sneak in.

"Hey Adam, I brought you some food and some ice." They offered, sitting on the bed by me. Accepting the plate from them, I grunted when they suddenly put the wrapped ice on my arm, along one of my many scars.

(Y/N) is the only one who calls me any name. Dr. Frankenstein refuses to call me anything.  In fact when he first saw me, he directly said that he regrets bringing me to life. Of course I didn't tell him that (Y/N) actually brought me to life.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." I sighed, feeling my muscles get a little better. Noticing that they nodded, but didn't look at me, I grew suspicious. Making them look at me, I felt my mouth drop open, when I saw the bruise over their left eye, that was now practically swollen shut. There was also a large bump growing along their jaw. It's the worse I've seen yet on them.

(Y/N), hasn't done anything to deserve this abuse. They've always been kind and caring. Always putting me before themselves. It frustrates me that I can't do anything to help them. Blinking out of my thoughts, when I felt a hand on mine, I looked up at them.

"It's okay." they whispered with a smile, but I could see the sadness in their eye that wasn't swollen.

"No, it's not." I growled, "We didn't do anything to deserve this. Why is he making us suffer for nothing?"

They were silent for a minute before sighing, "It's not for nothing. Dr. Victor made you out of parts from the eight men he killed. However, the villagers are starting to suspect him and pressure him to tell the truth. He regrets that he killed to create you and therefore punishes you. I knew he killed people and so he punishes me to be quiet."

Letting that sink in, I looked down. He's the one who murdered people. He shouldn't be hurting us because he regrets what he did. We have to get out, some how. I can't let (Y/N) get hurt anymore by him. Grabbing their hands, I turned to them when a plan formed in my head.

"What if we escape?" I offered, "Now hear me out. If we run away together, he won't be able to hurt either of us. However, I think he might come after us in fear that we'll tell the others the truth or because he wants to kill us. If we tell the villagers what he did, they'll punish him for his crimes and we'll be free."

Their mouth dripped open in shock before they looked down, "The villagers will kill you. They'll see you as a monster, for having been put together with the parts of the dead."

"Then we'll hide my scars." I explained, "I've been working with some paint that you got me before. I can make it match my skin. Please, (Y/N). We have to get away from him."

Watching them bit their lip in thought, I hoped that they would agree to it.

Finally, they nodded, "Okay, let's do it. You work on your paint and I'll get the villagers."

Two Weeks Later

Keeping a hat on my head and the large coat tight around me, I tried my best to blend in with the angry mob.

"Murderer." Several people screamed over the chants for justice. In front of us, Dr. Frankenstein was tied to a post. They were getting ready to burn him.

"(Y/N), Adam, help." He screamed, though no one would listen to him. It's the first time I've ever heard him call me by the name (Y/N) gave me. The fact that he's using it in an attempt for us to save him after what he did to me and (Y/N) annoys me.

Feeling (Y/N) tense by me, I wrapped an arm around them. It's over, he's not going to be able to hurt us anymore. Watching the fire around him rise, I glanced around at the mob, who were now leaving. The one who killed their loved ones is dead. Justice has been dealt. Ducking my head down slightly when one of the men approached, I prayed that he wouldn't take a close look at me. Sure the paint matches my skin and hides my scars, but I don't want to risk someone looking at me and recognizing part of a face of someone they loved.

"(Y/N), Mr. Adam, thank you for coming forward with the truth." The man thanked, "It was recognized by everyone that you two were being forced to stay with Victor. Since you two were the only ones close to him, his estate is now yours. Do with it as you please."

"Thank you, sir." (Y/N) thanked, before we watched him leave. Glancing up at the large castle, I figured that with how late it is and how big of a day we've had, we should go in. Leading the way, I opened the door for us. Yelping when (Y/N) suddenly hugged me.

"He's gone." They cheered. Hugging (Y/N) back just as tightly, I smiled. Feeling comfortable showing affection towards them for the first time, in the open like this,  since I came to life here. I was always afraid that if I did so much as look at (Y/N), Dr. Frankenstein would  hurt them or me. I don't have to worry about that anymore now or ever.