Ghost

This was requested by Paula_Kulik, cute-lil-spook, and Kuno0014! The ghost is from the 19th century so some of the phrasing is from that time. Also, the reader is female. Thank you and I hope you like it!

Frowning up at the old manor, you sighed as you folded the paper then went in. Ignoring the chill coming from behind you. You know it's him, but you don't want to acknowledge him. Your great aunt has died, and this old place is now yours since you're the last living relative of hers. Apparently, it belonged to her great grandmother, so this place has been in the family for a long time.

Giving the movers a wave, you shut to door before turning to the man floating in front of you. His head turning with a faint smile as if he was recalling good, old, memories. He's been bothering you ever since you turned 18. Insisting that you're his wife. At first you tried to play it off as some kind of joke, until he started telling you what to wear and how to act. Now, he's just a pain in your side.

"This is a fizzing place." He hummed, making you roll your eyes, "A lot has changed since I lived here, but it is exquisite."

"You lived here, Thomas?" You sighed, picking up a couple of boxes and carrying them up the stairs.

"Yes, with you. A month of Sundays ago." He acted as if he was reminding you, "Why you left I'll never know."

"I never lived here." You tried not to growl, before turning the heat up, "If you're not going to help with boxes, then buzz off." 

"You know you are a mumbling cove." He huffed, crossing his arms.

"Use modern insults. Otherwise, they're not insults." You growled, not understanding what he said, "You're not helping, at all. Go explore or something until I get these unpacked and figure out how to get rid of you."

Watching him fly off, you got back to work.

_2 Months Later_

Sitting on the couch, you flipped through the channels as you waited for you date. He's running late though. Feeling the room get colder again, you sighed as you wrapped a covering around your shoulders.

"What are you watching, darling?" He asked sitting by you.

"I'm just looking until my date gets here." You hummed, blinking when he was suddenly hovering in front of you with a frown, "What?"

"You're behaving like a wagtail being dressed like that." He huffed, making you frown, "A true lady never shows her ankles or legs. It's indecent."

Growing tired of his comments, you smirked, "Oh you mean like this?"

Stretching your legs out, you moved your foot to stretch them out too. Laughing at his opened mouth expression as he stared at you. His eyes wide before he looked away. You've learned a little more about insults from his time since you moved here, so you're prepared this time.

"Y..yes." He stammered, making you roll your eyes, "What's more, you are going out on the town with another man when you're married."

"Okay, I've only been on a few dates since you suddenly showed up in my life. I would rather have a living man than a flapdoodle like you." You insulted, smirking at his gasp.

Rage filling his face, before he flew at you. A scream ripping from you as his arms wrapped around you and he flew through the manor. Taking you up to the attic, where you know there is a bunch of antiques at. Shivering as he set you down, you looked around. Finding a painting of a woman who looked like you. A beautiful, (F/C) dress was by the picture. In the picture you saw a familiar (F/C) ring on her hand. One that your mother gave you when you turned 18.

"This is what you wore on our first outing. Wear it and wear your ring on your hand instead of around your neck." He ordered, making you sighed.

"Thomas, look closely at the painting and at me." You instructed standing by the painting. 

His pale green eyes looking between you and it before widening. His eyes dropping as he backed up. You could see the disappointment on him, making you feel bad. At least he knows that you were never married to him. A sad smile on his face as he looked up at you.

"So, Abegail's daughter had kids." He chuckled, though almost sounded like he was going to cry, "I apologize for how I've treated you."

"Well, at least you know now." You sighed, checking your phone when it rang, "But I guess I'll change clothes anyway. Chad canceled on me, again."

"Again? (Y/N), I may be dizzy age you, but even back in my day Chad would be considered a meater. Always leaving you like he does. You deserve better."

Giving him a small smile, you send Chad a text to end things with him, "You're right. So, I guess I'll hang with you tonight. What show should we watch?"

"The one with the mutton shunters." He requested, making you smile as you headed down the stairs, "I'll get us some drinks. We'll have our own, what do you call it? Date night?"

"Sure, whatever to make you stop it." You teased, heading to the living room.

Flipping through the channels, you glanced at Thomas in the kitchen. You'll admit he's grown on you the past couple of months. Sure, he can be picky, but if you were born in his time, you could see the appeal. Heck, if he was alive, you would probably shoot your shot with him. Shaking the idea out of your head, you closed your eyes with a sigh. Wincing at the loud bang right by your head. It was followed by Thomas raging yell.

"(Y/N)! Darling, please wake up." Blinking your eyes open, you raised an eyebrow when you saw that he was crying.

"I didn't know ghosts can actually cry." You hummed, with a teasing smile as you stood, "What did you break a glass or something?"

"(Y/N), darling, I'm so sorry." He whispered, looking down.

Following his gaze, your eyes widened when you saw your body lying on the couch. A bullet hole in your head. Behind the couch were two men dressed in black and Chad. They were dead as well, just like you. Shocked, you sat on the coffee table before you could collapse. Thomas grabbing your hand as if to comfort you. It's probably the most solid he's ever felt to you.

"I...I'm dead." You whispered, feeling tears form in your eyes.

"You are." He confirmed, wrapping his coat around you then pulling you into a hug, "I'm sorry."

"What am I going to do now? I wasn't ready to die, yet." You whimpered, closing your eyes when you felt him wipe your tears away.

"Well, the good thing is, you won't be alone." he pointed out, with a small smile, "All the women in your family that I mistook for Abigal left me. I never had anyone really. Now that you're a ghost too, we'll have each other. Maybe in the next couple of centuries we'll marry if we wish."

Looking up at him, you found that he was absolutely serious. He still looked at you the same as when he thought you were his beloved Abigal. You know he won't leave you alone. Nodding, you hugged him, a bit better. Enough to give him a small laugh anyway.

"Now, if we hide that ring, we won't ever be forced to leave our manor either." He hummed, pulling the coat tighter around you, before taking the ring off your body, "Get yourself calmed down while I hide the ring. We'll take your first day as a ghost slowly."

Nodding, you did as he said. Not as scared, anymore, about living eternity with him.