Dark Fairy

Just a heads up the reader is a female in this one. I hope you enjoy!

Keeping an eye on the town, you frowned at all the demons. Despite the fact that it was night and their skin is dark grey, you could still see them. They were small demons, but even little ones are a nuisance in large groups. Spotting the three teenagers running between some of the already ruined buildings, you smiled slightly and shifted into your bird form. A white dove, fitting for the Princess of the Light Fey Kingdom. Flying down to the buildings, you staying in the air as you followed the teenagers. Two of these teenagers are your kids. The only girl and the boy with blond hair.

"(S/N), use your powers." (D/N) yelled as the little demons chased after them.

"There's no guarantee that this will work." He screamed back.

"Just try it." Your attention fell to the light fairy, running with them. You hadn't realized any other fairy leaves the kingdoms. Your father prohibited it, due to the conflict with the Dark Fey Kingdom. 

Noticing that they were going to a dead end, you landing on the wall of the building, with the roof gone. Watching as they tried to figure out where to go. Your son's hand glowing a white light, that expanded until he threw the light. Making the demons shriek and run away. It didn't kill them though, just scared them away. Catching movement from the corner of your vision, you shifted to see a shadow figure in the building, lower a rope out the window to the group. The teenagers didn't waste time climbing up the rope, but by the time they reached it, the figure was already hiding behind a wall. You're not alarmed though, because you know him. 

Flying down to him, you brushed a wing against his face before going out the window and landing on a hill outside the town. Shifting into your more humanized form. Looking back towards the building where your kids were, you tensed when you saw one of them looking directly at you. They're not supposed to see you yet. Feeling a cold wind blow, you closed your eyes to shield anything getting into them. Blinking them open when something covered you and the wind stopped. Looking down at the black feathered cape draped around your shoulders, you glanced at the dark haired fey who was smiling at you.

"Sunlight, you should know that not even the darkness of night can hide your beautiful shine." He hummed, making you smile, "Our kids will be able to spot you easily."

"You're taking several risks as well, aren't you Moonlight?" You teased, " Giving our kids those ropes. Aren't we supposed to have no contact with them until they resolve the kingdom's conflicts?"

"As if you hadn't intervened from them dying." He scoffed, "I suppose that's what good parents do."

At those words, you frowned and looked back at the build where you saw your kids were started to settle in for the night. The demons can't reach them there, so that's the safest place for them.

"Are we really good parents?" You asked, "We've never even been able to talk to them. All because of our fathers."

"That is not our fault and we're doing everything we can to help them." He assured you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. 

You could feel a cold creep though the feather cape, but you didn't say anything. It was part of the agreement your fathers made. The dark fey and the light fey cannot touch each other without hurting each other. You two were lucky you had your kids, in secret, before they made it.

"We're trying out best with what we have." Nodding at his words, you leaned into him. It's been 18 years since you've had any physical contact with each other and 18 years since you had to hide your kids. You don't know how much longer you can be patient.

"We can't just kill our fathers and destroy the stupid deal?" You sighed, earning a choked laugh from him.

"Sunlight, you know we can't do that." He chuckled, "Just a little longer. They're going to the fey world. Once they get the evidence of what happened to our mothers, then we can convince the kings to cancel their deal."

Pursing your lips with a frown, you nodded. Feeling tears swell in your eyes.

"I miss this, us. I miss our kids." You whimpered. Glancing up at him, you saw that he also looked upset. You could tell that he wanted to wipe your tears away, but he knows that doing so will cause you both pain. Even if it's brief contact. The contract made the dark fey cold to the touch and the light fey burning hot. Enough so that clothes provide only light protection.

"I know." He sounded like he was choking back on tears, "It won't be long. Just a little more patience."

Glancing at him, you frowned and held your hand out to him. He even seemed confused before he realized what you wanted.

"Sunlight." He sighed, as if he was going to chide you.

"Cein, please. At least we can hide our hands with gloves." You grumbled.

He looked at your hand again for a minute before visibly swallowing and grabbing your hand. Locking your fingers tightly together. It was enough to last for however long you have left to wait. Letting go, you tried not to hiss at the numb needle feeling in your hand. Your hand now deathly pale with a light layer of ice over it. Looking over at his hand, you saw that it was burning red and even had some blisters forming. Yes, it hurt terribly, but it was worth it. 

Turning back to the building with your kids, you shook your head. Staying here isn't going to help you.

"I better go before I do something reckless." You sighed.

"Like us holding hands or helping our kids wasn't reckless enough." He scoffed, making you chuckle at him. He's always been good at making you feel better.

"I mean reveal myself to our kids." You giggled, "Be careful on your way home Moonlight."

"You too, Sunlight." He bowed, "And (Y/N), I still love and miss you."

Smiling at him, you bowed back, "I love and miss you too, Cein."