1|| First Meeting

(A/n: enjoy my 2:30am writing as I attempt to fight off the melatonin)

~Y/n pov~
It is currently 6 am and I unwisely made the decision of watching two seasons of (f/s) before my first day of school. So I went downstairs to make myself a coffee and was immediately hit with the smell of freshly cooked pancakes thanks to my amazing friend, Nezuko.

"Oh my goodness! These look so amazing, Nezuko-chan!", I said breathlessly.

"Well, it is our first day of our first year of college so I wanted to make us a proper breakfast.", she replied happily.

"These look so tasty! I'll be sure to eat them all!", I shouted proudly.

"Ah, don't! I don't want you to have a stomach ache, Y/n-san!", she worried profusely.

Ever since she got assigned as my dorm mate, I couldn't be any happier! She is the sweetest person I have ever met, honestly. If she were a child, I would adopt her in a heartbeat. She's helped me through so much in the past year. She even got me to socialize with her chaotic group of friends when I was in a dark place in my life so, it's thanks to her that I have any friends.

"So, Nezuko, who are your teachers going to be for this year?", I asked curiously.

"Well, seeing as I want to be a fashion designer, I have Uzui-sensei. What about you, Y/n?", she asked kindly.

"Well, I'm not sure but whoever I have for my psychology class, I hope they're amazing!", I exclaimed hopefully.

I was dead wrong. Well, not necessarily because I had ten minutes left to get to class and I was lost. I ran around furiously as I looked for my class.

'Class 1-3,class 1-3! Where the hell can you be?!', I thought angrily.

My thoughts were interrupted as I crashed into someone. They looked down at me with disgust and anger. If looks could kill, I'd be buried six feet under right about now.

"Watch where you're going, punkass!", he hissed sternly.

His face was lined with two big scars. His deep purple eyes, staring into my soul.

"Oh, I'm the punkass? Maybe you should watch where you're standing, Scarface!", I shouted angrily as I sprinted to my class.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
The bell rang as I entered the semi-empty space. My eyes darted around for any familiar faces and I saw one in the back row so I ran to sit next to him. Zenitsu Agamatsu, my closest friend of three years.

"Okay class!", shouted the professor from his platform, "turn to page 46 in your textbook and read up until page 57. I will expect an essay by the end of the lecture which is in about 2 hours. You may now begin!", he shouted sternly.

"2 hours to write an essay?! Y/n-chan, I'll never get it done in time!", he complained, "please help me out!", he whimpered silently.

"I'm sorry, Zenitsu-san, but this isn't a partner essay. But I will give you notes on how to improve your essay.", I said as I smiled at him.

"Ah, thank you! I love you so much, Y/n-chan! Please marry me when we're out of this place?!", he begged with puppy dog eyes.

"Let me think about it, okay?", I chuckled.

"Really?!", he exclaimed happily.

"No.", I teased.

"Aw, why do you have to be so mean, (n/n)?", he said sadly.

"Because I know you only have eyes for Nezuko, Zeni~", I cooed happily.

"Ha, yeah, you're right. So, how was your summer?", he asked, changing the subject.

"It was good. I mostly spent time inside the house alone. Giyuu would occasionally take me out with his friends, though, so I guess that was cool. How about you, Zeni?", I asked curiously.

"Well, nothing much happened, really. I hung out with Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Inosuke. How are you doing, though? Really?", he asked in a caring tone, refering to what I went through this past year.

"Oh, I'm coping.", I replied blankly.

It got awkward really quickly, to say the least.

"So, I was almost late to class.", I said awkwardly.

"Yeah. Why was that?", he asked.

"I ran into a guy and fell on my ass. He was rude.", I said, rolling my eyes at the memory.

"How dare he be rude to my (Y/n)-chan?!", he said, faking anger.

"Calm down, Zeni. I could stand up for myself. Although, I think I should apologize to him.", I murmured the last part to myself, hoping he wouldn't hear me.

"Why is that, (Y/n)?", he asked curiously.

"Well, because he had many scars on his face so I called him 'Scarface'.", I said bluntly.

I felt something hit my head from my right side so I turned to my left and saw Genya, someone I've been acquainted with for a year.

"Hey! What was that for?", I whispered/hissed.

"Do you seriously n-not know who you insulted, (Y/n)?", he asked angrily.

"No, I obviously don't. Do you know?", I asked sarcastically.

"Yes, I do! That was my brother, Sanemi! You should apologize soon. He's a really angry person.", he claimed.

"Fine, I will.", I said calmly.
               °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
The lunch bell rang.

Zenitsu and I walked to the cafeteria together, catching up on life as we talked. We grabbed our food and sat with our good friends, Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Inosuke.

I told them about the whole Scarface incident. Their reactions were amazing.

"Oi, does he want a fight or something?! Because I'll gladly fight him!", exclaimed Inosuke, pounding his fists together.

"Calm down, Inosuke. (Y/n), you should probably apologize to the guy. From what I've heard, he's the type to hold grudges against people who did him wrong.", he claimed.

"Well, do you guys know where he sits? I'll go confront him.", I said.

They all shook their heads.

"Maybe Giyuu does. I'll go ask him.", I said as I picked up my plate and made my way over to Giyuu's table.

              ♢end of chapter 1♢