17||Catching Up

(Y/n) Pov

I woke up in my lonely bed. Grabbing my fully charged phone from my nightstand, I checked my notifications and there were at least 4 new messages from Shinazugawa.

S. Shinazugawa:
Good morning, Tomioka. How was your sleep?
S. Shinazugawa: Are you awake?
S. Shinazugawa: you're not sleeping in, are you? You told me once that you don't like sleeping in.
S. Shinazugawa: get ready, beautiful. I'm taking you somewhere. I'll be there in 15 minutes.

Ha, he's so spontaneous. That's one of the things I loved about him before we went our separate ways. Wait, the last one was sent 5 minutes ago. Shit!

Quickly, I scrambled to my wardrobe and picked out my favorite outfit. A dress he's never seen me wear.

 A dress he's never seen me wear

This is cute enough. Getting dressed quickly, I did my makeup and scrambled downstairs, awaiting my date.

Hearing his car approach me, I walked towards it. I was confused when he stepped out. Placing my hand over my mouth, I chuckled softly as he held the passenger door open for me.

"How nostalgic, Shinazugawa.", I stated jokingly as I pressed my lips against his cheek.

Closing the door with a blush painted across his face, he went to the driver's seat and drove us to our next destination.

We arrived at a fairly busy park. He parked his car in an empty parking space. As we got out of the car, he spoke up.

"Are you okay with me holding your hand? I don't want to do anything you're uncomfortable with, Tomioka-san.", he asked softly.

"Hm? I'm fine with that, Shinazugawa-san.", I assured him.

Smiling softly, he grabbed my hand with his own and led us to a laid out blanket with plates of food covering it.

A picnic date. I've always wanted to have a picnic date. They're so cute and romantic. Growing up, I saw multiple romance movies where the love interest took the main character on a picnic in a public setting. I envied the main character for that and now, I get to be in their shoes.

 I envied the main character for that and now, I get to be in their shoes