11||A Blossoming Relationship

•Sanemi pov•

Honestly, this date is kinda calming. Well, it is my first one since Kanae, my ex-girlfriend from high school. Fuck, I haven't thought about her in the longest time. Should I be thinking about her right now? Is it appropriate to be thinking about my deceased girlfriend while on a "date" with Tomioka's sister?

"So, Sanemi, do you have any siblings aside from Genya?", (Y/n) asked curiously.

Why does she wanna know about my family? Is family a normal topic to bring up on dates?

"Uh, no. It's just Genya and I. What about you? Is it just you and your brother?", I asked her as I took a bite out of my ohagi.

"Yeah. But it wasn't always like that. We had an older sister.", she stated calmly.

"'Had'? What happened?", I asked as I cocked an eyebrow.

(A/n: pretend he has eyebrows, guys. I keep forgetting that he has none.)

"I'd rather talk about it some other time, if it's alright with you. Sorry, but I don't want to bring up dark topics on such a nice date.", she chuckled nervously as she took a sip out of her drink.

"Yeah, I understand. That's fine. Hey, you mind if I take a sip outta that drink?", I asked her as I pointed to her drink.

"Sure, that's fine. Here.", she said as she offered me her drink.

I took a sip and automatically choked on a tapioca pearl.

"Hey, slow down! You're supposed to chew on those, not swallow them!", she joked.

"T-That caught me off guard!", I scoffed.

"Clearly!", she chuckled.

She truly has a beautiful laugh. Delightful, even.

"So, I'm just wondering, what do you like to do when you're not doing homework? What are your hobbies, basically?", I asked her wonderingly.

"Hm, I don't really do much. I like to read, write poems, listen to music, swim, and bake sometimes. What about you, Sanemi?", she asked curiously.

"Eh, not much. I just box, listen to music, and play drums.", I stated bluntly.

"What type of music do you listen to?", she chirped.

"Just a lot of indie, I guess. Chase Atlantic, Pierce The Veil, and some Sleeping With Sirens, occasionally.", I stated blatantly.

(A/n: I have a head canon that he would listen to indie music from the early 2000s, leave me alone🧍🏽‍♀️)

"No way! I listen to them too! Along with other artists too like Ashnikko, Melanie Martinez, TXT, My Chemical Romance, Doja Cat, and lots more.", she said happily.

"I have no idea who those musicians are.", I told her.

"Well, if you'd like to know more about them, maybe, you could come by my dorm sometime, and we could listen to them together.", she said shyly as she nervously bit her lip.