18|| Until I Found You

(Y/n) Pov

My brain was racing through the millions of places he could possibly take us right now. Thrifting? Nah, he doesn't know that I like thrifting. He knows I like squishmallows so, he'll probably take us somewhere where there's a lot of them. Ooh maybe the aquarium? I enjoy sea animals so, maybe he'll take us there.

"Hey.", Sanemi called out.

"Yes, handsome?", I replied.

"What's on your mind?", he asked.

"I'm just thinking about our next destination since you don't wanna tell me where we're going to next. Trying to guess, Mystery inc group style.", I chuckled.

"Really?", he asked with a slight chuckle, "alright, you've got three chances, starting now."

"You're going to take us thrifting.", I assumed sternly.

"Hm, good guess but no, I'm not confirming anything.", he replied.

"Then what's the point of me guessing if you aren't going to confirm anything?", I asked sarcastically.

"It's like a game. Who knows, maybe I will take you to one of the places you're telling me about.", he stated bluntly.

"Or maybe you'll take me to the middle of the woods and murder me, leave no clues of my disappearance, and I'll be an unsolved case on Netflix!", I joked.

"That was dark, you okay? You got some trauma from an unsolved murder?", he asked curiously, "or do you just watch that shit?"

"That shit you're talking about is actually interesting. Anyways, before we keep getting off topic, you're gonna take me to an aquarium!", I exclaimed.

"Maybe. You know those markets we have?", he asked.

"The ones with the sea animals we can buy and they cook em for us?", I asked softly.

"Yeah, I'm gonna take you to one of those.", he stated bluntly.

"What?!", I asked with a shocked expression.

"Joking!", he responded.

He put his right arm up defensively, keeping one arm on the wheel. Last thing we want or need is to steer to our deaths before we could go on our mystery date.

I laughed at his gesture, a small blush spreading across my cheeks.

"You remind me of a red panda when you do that. Did you know that they put their paws up in the air to make themselves appear as a bigger animal when a predator approaches them? It's how they defend themselves.", I rambled.

Whenever I'm comfortable with someone, I tend to ramble about my interests with them. Some people get annoyed about it sadly. I hope Sanemi doesn't.

"Really? That's cool. I didn't know that but it's cool.", he replied.

Sanemi pov

I actually did know that. I just wanted to hear her say it because she is so beautiful when she talks about her interests. She talks about them when she's comfortable enough with someone. I'm glad I could be that person for her. I hope I could be that person for her until we pass onto the afterlife together.