Chapter 8 - Part 2

My hands to moved to rest against his chest when I lifted my mouth from his.

His eyes flickered from my mouth to my eyes.

I waited, caught up in the moment. I wouldn't walk away. But the question was, would he?

His hands lifted to cradle my face and I held my breath.

I could feel his heart beat beneath my hand splayed against his chest as he moved to kiss me again.

There was no thought, only the feel of his lips on mine. My hands snaked up to wrap around his neck. His arms enveloped me and pulled me against his body.

There was no thought, no reasoning. Just feeling. His mouth on mine. His hands on me. The feel of his tongue moving against mine. I groaned and held on tighter.

He pushed me against the wall and I strained against him. I had never experienced something so raw and I never wanted it to stop. I couldn't explain my actions and I didn't want to think about it for fear I would stop.

The pent-up stress was replace with a need to hold him so tight and never to let him go. I could breathe without the pain of my anxiety and I needed that more than I needed the air in my lungs.

"Reece," he whispered against my lips but I shook my head and firmly kissed him.

"No talking," I said, as I took a moment to look into his eyes.

"No talking," he agreed before staring down at my lips that were slightly bruised by his kissing.

I didn't want to allow anything to stop what had given me a way to deal with what was going on around us.

He released me and stepped back. He held his hand out to me. There were no words but I understood the question and the line we were about to cross.

There would be no blaming it on a moment of madness or a crazy impulse. Whatever I decided, I would have to live with the consequences. The decision was mine to make.

In a rational world, where my friend was in surgery with her life hanging in the balance I might have made a different choice. I held his eyes for a moment.

The one thing I had learnt from Lacey's diagnosis. Life was short and there was no time to waste.

I saw what I needed in his and I reached for his hand. He clasped my hand in his and pulled me to follow him. I hurried behind him to a small door which look like a janitor's closet. He pulled me inside and closed the door. I didn't take in my surroundings, the only thing that had my full attention was Aiden.

My breathing was deep like I had just been running, my heart sped as he approached me.

We came together, his hands gripped my waist as I lifted up onto my tiptoes to seal his mouth with mine.

From that moment, it was on the physical that mattered. His mouth against mine, his hands moving under my shirt to rest against my skin on my waist. I burned. He tasted of coffee and I gripped the back of his neck tightly, needing more so I pressed my body against his. His arms held me as his mouth explored mine.

I wanted to feel his body against mine, skin against skin.

There was no thinking, no agonising over the life that hung in the balance. I was lifted out of hell for those precious few months as his mouth moved just below my ear. I groaned, loving how my skin trembled against the warmth of his kiss.

Next my back was against the wall and I lifted my legs to wrap around his waist. It was all happening too fast to think, too fast to stop.

Aiden stopped and I was brought back to the present.