Chapter 4 - Part 2

We danced and laughed for the next hour. Aiden watched from the sidelines. It felt like the good old times when there wasn't life threatening things hanging over our heads. Lacey got a few interested looks from a few boys but I knew they were wasting their time. It had only been Adonis for so long I didn't think it was possible for her to love any other guy. I didn't doubt that he would come around, it would just take a little time.

Some guy was talking Lacey up when I spotted Adonis enter the house. There was no way this was a coincidence. I put my hand on Reece's arm. "No way."

Lacey stiffened she spotted him. The tension was visible in her features when Adonis stared across the room at her. He wasn't alone, Alex was with him. I frowned.

Adonis glared at a guy dancing beside Lacey. Yeah he didn't like it one bit, he was jealous.

When Alex spotted Lacey he frowned disapprovingly. It got my back up. Just because she was sick didn't mean she couldn't still do things. He was being way too protective.

"Alex is not happy to see you here," I murmured under my breath to Lacey when her brother headed our direction.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked his sister when he reached us.

"I'm here it have fun," Lacey announced defiantly. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to get Gray out of the house," he said looking over his shoulder to his friend who had some girl chatting him up already. The sharks were circling already.

I shot a look at Lacey to see the hurt and had the urge to go over to Adonis and tell him what an asshole he was.

"I'm sorry," Alex said to his sister when he saw the emotion as she watched Adonis. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"It's okay." She shrugged. "It's not like we can avoid each other forever."

She took a big gulp of her drink. Was she trying to numb the pain? Alex returned to his friend.

"So what's your name?" the guy beside her asked. 

"Lacey," she replied.

The guy introduced himself with a charming smile and I stepped back to give them some privacy. Aiden joined me.

"This is not going to end well," he murmured to me.

I shrugged. "Then he shouldn't have walked away."

I watch the way Adonis was watching Lacey with the guy that was chatting her up. She turned to look at us and we both gave her the thumbs up. She rolled her eyes at us and I smiled.

She was trying to pretend she didn't care that there was some girl putting the moves on Adonis on the other but she did. She kept looking over her shoulder at him.

"I'll distract her," Aiden said before he approached her and asked her she wanted a refill for her drink. She nodded and gave him her empty cup.

When Aiden returned with her drink she was still keeping a careful eye on Adonis and the girl hanging on his every word.

She drained some of the drink quickly. I wished Adonis hadn't shown up. He was ruining a night that should have been carefree and fun.

The guy pulled Lacey onto the dance floor and I watched as they started to dance together.

"How long do you think it is going to take before Gray interrupts this?" Aiden asked beside me.

"It won't take him long," I said moving my focus to Adonis who was already pushing through the crowd to Lacey.