Chapter 15 - Part 1

"I've been waiting for you," he said, not making a move to stand up. His expression was rigid and for some reason it felt like he was angry with me.

"Geez, you scared the crap out of me," I told him trying to stop my heart from beating so quickly.

I sank down on my bed to sit and put my hand to my heart. "Why would you sneak into my bedroom?"

As the words came out I remembered how I had snuck into his room the one previous morning.

"For the same reason you would sneak into my bedroom. I wanted to talk to you." His jaw was tense.

"You could have called," I mumbled.

"It's important." His features were hard to read but I was well aware we were alone in my room. It made me think about our heated encounter in the janitor's closet and I swallowed trying to calm my racing heart for an entirely different reason.

"I didn't think we had anymore to say to each other but you've gone to this much trouble so say what you came to say," I prompted, curious as to why he would go to the length I had to be able to talk to me.

"You look beautiful," he said. His gaze took in my tight top and short skirt.

I studied him, quietly, unsure of how to take his compliment. It didn't quite feel like it was meant in the way i would usually would have taken it.

"Where were you tonight?" he asked, tersely.

"I was with Lacey. We went to party on campus." I frowned. "What's with all the questions Aiden. The last time we spoke we wanted different things so I'm not sure why you're here, asking twenty questions."

He worked his jaw. "The last time we spoke, you told me how you felt and then left. You didn't really give me a chance to respond."

I folded my arms, feeling vulnerable and I didn't like it at all. He had this way of being able to pull me from one height to the bottomless pit of heartbreak. I wasn't sure if I could take anymore.

Did I even want to hear what he had to say? A part of me wanted it more than anything but there was the part that didn't want to take the chance that he would break my heart all over again.

I studied him cautiously as he rose up from the chair.

"Why was Max over at your house this afternoon?" he asked. His eyes fixed on me to watch me closely.

"How do you know that?" I found myself asking.

"Just answer the question Reece." His tone cold and short. I bristled.

"I'm not sure that's any of your business." I shrugged.

Two could play this game. When I had needed to know the importance of the blonde, he had played that card. He didn't get to sneak into my room and ask questions he had hadn't been prepared to answer.

"Don't be like that Reece."

"Like what? Like you were with me?" I shot back.

"It's different."

"How's it different? Explain it to me?" I couldn't wait to hear this.

"You how it's different."

I frowned. "No I don't. How's it different Aiden?"

There was no way I was going to let him get out of this without explaining.

"You had feelings for him."

His eyes held mine.

"Meaning you don't have feelings for the blonde?" I hated how hopeful I was. Why did I always allow him to feel me in so easily?