just acting (mgg)

📀 : Nonsense by Sabrina Carpenter

You and the whole cast had just wrapped the latest season of Criminal Minds Evolution, and you were currently doing a mini press tour to promote the season. It was your first time staring in a major television show, pretty much was your first legit gig. Which also meant, your first time doing press.

You played the role of a new agent coming into the BAU, and over the course of many episodes had become an on-screen love interest for returning character Doctor Spencer Reid.

To your surprise, you and Matthew had amazing on-screen chemistry despite having hated each other for the first couple weeks of filming. It took you quite a while to warm up to Gubler, but when you finally did... he could be found in your trailer at any given time, and vice versa. Matthew went from being someone who annoyed the shit out of you to someone you admired dearly. There came a time during filming that you'd realized it wasn't just your character who had the hots for Dr Reid. You found yourself staring at him as he acted, and even when he wasn't acting. The way that man looked in a suit, with stubble from the long work day before... combined with the way he'd look at you? It had your body was reacting to him in ways it hadn't ever reacted to anyone else.

Same could be said for Matthew. He couldn't stop thinking about you. It was staring at you when you weren't looking. Subtle brushes of the hand. Lingering touches. His jealousy when the two of you would be out getting breakfast or lunch on a break, and men would try their hand at flirting with you. This wasn't Matthew. He didn't get jealous. He knew that from the day he was introduced to you that he was done for. Eventually, in a heated make out session in his trailer he'd admitted to how he felt, how wild you drove him. He was pleased to find out that you'd felt the same way all along.

Today you happened to be doing press with a few members of the cast including yourself, Matthew, Paget, Kirsten, and Joe. The stop tonight, non other than The Late Late Show with James Corden.

The nerves nearly took over as your looked at yourself in the mirror. Tonight's look was a black, puffy-sleeved mini dress. Your stylist paired it with a pair of timeless black Louboutin pumps. The make up was light, just how you preferred it. Actually, you'd prefer none of possible but of course being on camera, a little was needed. Looking at yourself now, you couldn't help but admit that you looked good.

"Ready?" You heard a familiar voice from the door. you turn around to spot the sight that is Matthew
leaning against the door frame. God, why'd he have to look so effortlessly goddam attractive?

Each of the cast members had dressed in black so you'd all match. You'd all agreed on it in the group chat, and then picked something that'd fit with everyone's individual style. Matthew was dressed in a laid back yet sophisticated look. He was dressed in his usual black dress pants, a black button down, and converse. His hair was long, and unruly like it normal was. Again, so effortlessly perfect.

"I'm nervous." You admitted to him, he already knew just taking one look at you. You weren't your usual bubbly self. This was the first time people would really be introduced to you and not your character.

"Don't be nervous, honey. I'll be there the whole time." Matthew says sweetly, kissing your forehead making you swoon. Honey. You loved when he called you by sweet pet names. You could listen to him speak all night.

Once you'd been officially welcomed to the couch, you sat between Matthew and Kirsten. She'd gushed over how attractive you looked before you'd came out. She was one of your favorite people ever, and helped ease your nerves before stepping from behind the curtain.

"Welcome, welcome. How is everyone?" James asked, looking to each of the members of the cast. You all would take turns speaking with him. He'd ask questions about the show, how tricky scenes had been filmed, and if the cases used in the show were based off of cases in real life.

Up until that point, the questions had been easy to answer, and the energy between your cast-mates and yourself was fun. You didn't know why you were so nervous. Suddenly there's a change in James' demeanor that goes from serious, and curious to cheeky and playful. He smirked with a little chuckle as he dramatically turned to face Matthew and yourself.

"Now, I want full honesty, from both of you." James said cheekily, giggles falling from his lips as he reads his card. Matthew's leg rests against your own as he bounces it anxiously.  Here we go, you thought, he's going to ask us about the rumors about me and Matthew.

"The on-screen chemistry is real, I mean come on, roll the clip." James throws a finger up above his head, spinning it quickly before the screens play a rather intimate scene between Spencer and your character, Ophelia.

Spencer pushes Ophelia up against the wall and his lips quickly find her own. His hands resting at the base of her throat as he deepens the kiss earning whimpers from Ophelia.

That scene had been after that night in the trailer with Matthew. That scene had been easier to film after that I'm sure. It wasn't Opehila and Spencer making out, it was us, me and Matthew even if it was written into our script. It was impossible for it not to bring a flush to your cheeks and a warm feeling down between your thighs.

The audience shouts and cheers as they finish showing the clip. Kirsten is dramatically fanning herself, while Joe is laughing, and Matthew has a smirk plastered on his lips as he looks up at James with a glare.

"Go on with it, James." Joe eggs him on, earning a playful glare from you. Then the question comes. "Are you together, outside of your characters?" James asks, the audience cheers.

Matthew looks to you lovingly, and you look back at him before you both fall into a fit of laughter. "Oh, look at the two of you all smitten and laughing, there's no way you aren't together." James points out, the crowd cheers again in agreement.

"You wanna know why we're laughing?" You ask and James nods, the audience shouting 'yes'. "Because earlier today, we both bet one hundred dollars that you'd ask us if we were dating in real life, or if this chemistry real, at some point during the interview."

"She's the one that bet the hundred dollars so she owes me." Matthew smiles wide, playing along.

"Well, I'd thought we'd beat the allegations, we were out of the woods!" You cry dramatically earning a smile from your co-star. There was the bubbly, carefree girl he knew.

"Well quit beating around the bush!" James cried, Joe laughed, "Yeah, out with it. We're dying to know." Joe had known for months, he'd accidentally walked in on you and Matthew before an early morning call time. Luckily, he never made you feel uncomfortable about it and states he'd known for weeks.

You look at Matthew who has a playful look on his face, he raises a brow at you and nods ever so slightly. "Oh fine, we are." Matthew playfully announces, earning an eruption of cheers which causes you to smile.

"That just makes that scene that much hotter." James playfully teases, the producers roll the clip again and the audience members shout and whistle. "Oh shit! Don't play it again." You cry, covering up your already flushed cheeks as you lean into Matthew laughs before quickly kissing the side of your head. It was a cute moment that would eventually become the talk of Twitter and replayed on TikTok hundreds of times.

For the rest of the interview, Matthew held your hand in his lap like he'd been tempted to do the whole evening. Rubbing small circles on the back of your hand with his thumb.

—————

There you have it. The first of the re-edited... Each song is going to have a little 📀 for a song that radiates that imagines energy. I think it's a cute little feature.  I love it. I hope you all do too.