FOURTEEN

This truly is a sight to behold. Emmett, sitting on a tiny chair in front of a just as tiny table, a toy cup squeezed awkwardly between his fingers as he pretends to take a nip every now and then. 

A few dolls are sitting on the three empty chairs and Antonina is playing waitress while Anastasia is preparing dinner; watching them from the kitchen to make sure her sister is alright. 

Emmett would be lying if he said he didn't notice the piercing smell of alcohol hidden by an uncomfortable amount of cleanser and deodorant but either the sister are too used to it to notice or the smell is too weak for humans. Anyways, it had him a little worried, especially after seeing the tons of bottles stored in a cabinet Anastasia hurried to close once they arrived at theirs. 

And, if it weren't for Antonina with them, he probably would have commented on it; simply because it isn't like him to keep silent about literally anything and because Anastasia is important to Jasper and with that she is important to all of them. So, if there were anything he could do, he would do it. Without a second thought. 

But he also doesn't necessarily want to talk about stuff like that in front of a toddler, so he has kept quiet and enjoyed the little tea party. Though, he did expect it to be a little more peaceful. 

By now, he has found out that the blonde doll, Lily, is only here because the usual guest is sitting in jail - a box hidden beneath Antonina's bed - for murdering her sister's boyfriend. And her sister, Sara, a brunette doll that is attending the tea party, is told to have acted sus ever since it happened; which is why Anna, the ginger doll at the table, has accused her of being involved in her boyfriend's murder. That insinuation led to a fight between those two until Hannah, the last doll at the table, put an end to it by exchanging rumours she heard of Paul's and Sienna's relationship. Whoever Paul and Sienna are.

"D'you have girlfriend?" Antonina eventually turns to Emmett. "I do, her name is Rosalie." he grins in reply, his heartwarming simply at the thought of her. Honestly, he doesn't believe the world has ever seen something or someone quite as perfect as her. 

"Pretty name. What'se like?" she asks him curiously. "She's an angel," Emmett replies almost immediately, his tone dozing off as though he is currently busy daydreaming. And, if his expression is anything to go by, he probably is. 

"She's really pretty with a smile that can light up the night and eyes that make it impossible not to drown in them." he swarms as his eyes snap back to Antonia. "She's really kind but doesn't like people to know and she would go out of every comfort zone to assure the people she cares about are happy. She's honest, sometimes a little blunt about it but she means well. And she has the biggest heart I know."

"You love her?" Antonina tilts her head a little to the side. "More than anything," Emmett replies. "Do you love someone?" he adds, putting the little cup down on the table. "Ana," she states with a simple shrug. "Ana's great." he nods. 

Speaking of the devil and she shall appear. Anastasia enters the room with two plates, sending a pointing look to Emmett, who quickly gets the message. He should have headed home soon either way. 

"Seems like dinner time. Enjoy your... stuffed peppers? I thought kids hate vegetables." his eyes fall onto the food. Peppers stuffed with some yoghurt-ish stuff, salad and a few chicken strips. "If you teach them how to," Anastasia replies flatly.  

"Byebye, Emmett." Antonina rushes forwards to hug his legs, surprising not just him but her sister as well. "Until we meet again, Milady." he bows as she pulls away, sending a small wink to Anastasia before leaving them two alone. 

"Oh, and wannabe Hulk?" Anastasia calls after him a second before he closes the door behind him. "Keep it to yourself." she brushes him off. 

~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~

Bringing Antonina to school that Monday, Anastasia can't help but regret ever letting Emmett near her sister. But in her defence, she didn't think her sister would warm up to him like that. 

The whole Sunday was filled with Antonina asking her when Emmett can come over for the next tea party and today, she insisted on wearing the necklace he gave her. The mountain lion pendant. 

Crouching in front of her sister, Anastasia gives her the hair tie that has strangled her wrist all morning and leans in to kiss her forehead gently. 

"Have fun and remember, Susan is going to pick you up alongside Tamara." she reminds her sister, who nods. "I'll come and pick you up at six and we can watch Toy Story before you'll have to go to bed, alright?" Anastasia adds. "Can we watch beauty and the Homeward bound instead?" her sister replies. "Of course. Now, go on. We wouldn't want you being late, would we?" Anastasia watches her sister disappear into the building before turning around to head to school herself.

School, ugh.