TWELVE

So, just a little warning, but this chapter talks about scars and hints at sex. 

Also, I wanted to thank you all for reading this story and I am so excited about reaching 400k, it's just crazy. You're the best!

I hope you enjoy the chapter and have had, have or will have a nice day :)

--- -- -

Standing in the bathroom, Anastasia grins at herself in the mirror.

She has gotten rid off all the makeup covering up her skin in a quick shower, during which she made sure to keep her hair up and dry in a messy bun that is still holding her hair back.

The colour of her lingerie is matching the colour of her eyes and although she is totally in love with it, she doesn't love it for the purpose it was created. She'll probably wear it with a pair of jeans or a skirt and have the lacy bodysuit function as a shirt.

And honestly, the longer she looks at herself, the more she starts to feel uncomfortable and even a tiny bit ugly.

"You know, you'll have to come out in order to show off, darlin'," Jasper speaks up, still sitting on the bed but a more concerned look on his face now that her emotions have shifted. She was feeling so confident just a few seconds ago.

"Give me two seconds," Anastasia is about to change into another pair when he is already leaning in the doorway, his eyes raking up and down her body. "I don't understand what you're insecure about," he speaks up. And even though it isn't easy, he keeps his eyes focused on hers.

"Guys never do," she rolls her eyes, hoping to get out of this conversation. "I want to understand, though. Because then I can reassure you how incredibly gorgeous you look despite the things you consider your flaws and I kiss them and add them to the reasons I fell in love with you."

Looking at him, she tears her eyes away and looks back into the mirror.

"My father left scars during his... outbursts. And I know that they're not there anymore, that they're gone but I can still see them. When I look in the mirror, I see the healing scar from when he stabbed me and the first bruise he ever painted on my eye," she replies, her voice weak. Letting out a sigh, she drags her lip through her teeth.

Jasper walks behind her, meeting her eyes through the mirror as he drags his fingers up her leg, where he knew the knife once pierced her skin. They slide further up to her stomach where he was once able to see the outline of her father's fist and further up her arm before eventually settling on her cheek, his thumb running over her bottom lip.

"Do you remember what you told me the first time you really saw my scars? You told me they're a sign of my strength and something I should wear with pride," he remembers as both their eyes fall onto the skin exposed by his rolled up sleeves.

"I'll tell you the same thing. Those scars will remain with you for the rest of your life and not because they're embedded in your skin but because they're your story. They show all the things that have made you who you are. They're a sign of your strength and your love for yourself, for Antonina. These scars mirror your heart and your soul. I love every single one of it and if you need me to tell you that for the rest of our lives, I will happily do that and if that's not enough, I will find ways to show you," he means.

Anastasia looks at him through the mirror for a moment longer before turning in his arms to embrace him tightly, her head turning just enough to kiss his shoulder.

"Thank you." "Anytime."

"Good, now get out of here, I need to change," she pulls away and shoos him outside, closing the door behind him to quickly change into another pair of lingerie.

It's a dark pink floral embroidered garter lingerie set. It's cute rather than sexy.

Smirking the tiniest bit she joins Jasper outside, rather enjoying the way his eyes are unable to stay on hers as he takes her in, licking his eyes hungrily.

He pulls her onto his lap the moment he can reach her wrist and lets his hands wander down her sides to her ass.

"Just for the record," she arches back to be able to look at him. Gently grabbing his face, she forces him to look at her rather down her chest, an innocent smile on her lips. "If you rip this off, I'm going to send Emmett the pictures of you in the cowboy costume and make sure he never lets you forget it."

Smiling satisfied when he agrees despite the roll of his eyes, she leans forward again and kisses him softly, not quite yet letting it get out of hand. Her hands slide down to his neck, using it to push herself against him as close as she can while he keep her close with his hands still on her ass.

He really, really loves her ass.

Their lips move in sync for barely a minute before the kiss gets sloppy and sloppier. Jasper holds onto her as he turns them around, throwing her onto the bed and watching her bounce for a second before slipping between her thighs.

His lips meet hers for another moment, their tongues not fighting for dominance rather fighting to stay in control at all. Though, he quickly moves to her neck, giving his tongue something else to lick and suck on.

A low growl leaves her lips when she wiggles impatiently beneath him, her hands working on unbuttoning his shirt before quickly losing patience and ripping it off.

"Do you remember when I promised to eat you out a whole night without allowing you to come?" he grunts out. "Don't you dare," she pants, glaring up at him. "I won't if you don't want me to," Jasper points out but a small smirk makes its way to his lips. "But your feelings – kiss – the smell of your arousal – another kiss – and that excited glint in your eyes tells me you aren't going to say no."

With that he pulls away from her completely, kneeling over her to gauge her reaction carefully.

"I'll stop whenever you want me to," he repeats once more, just to make sure she knows how serious he is about this. Anastasia licks her lips quickly, clearly thinking before grinning herself. "Oh please, I won't have to tell you to stop because you won't last a whole night teasing me."

"Is that a bet then, darlin'?" "Sure is, cowboy."