TWO

„You could at least try some color. The black completely washes you out," Alice complains, making Ana roll her eyes once more. "I will not change my taste in fashion, Alice, get over it," she retorts, gladly paring ways and heading to the Cullen's usual table, while Alice joins Bella's friends.

Anastasia went back to school with them, and Jasper has somehow convinced her to go every time she wanted to skip. Which means, the only time she wasn't at school was on sunny days. They have become her favorite.

"Don't you look excited?" Jasper smirks at her. "Oh, bugger off!" Anastasia shoots him a glare and sits down next to him. "I hate you," she mumbles quietly, leaning into Jasper, who wraps his arms around her with a low chuckle. "I bet you do, but it's just a few more weeks and you'll be free of school for the rest of your life," he tries to comfort her.

"So are you," she points out. "And yet here you are." "We go to school because it helps us blend in and because it's one of very few human experiences we allow ourselves. But you're still new to this, you haven't grown tired of this life yet. You still know how to enjoy it. So, once you've graduated, we'll do just that. We'll do whatever you want to do to enjoy this life."

Ana turns and offers a weak smile that brightens up when he leans to kiss her.

"Still hate me, darlin'?" he pulls away after a moment and she lightly slaps his chest. "Yes." "Hm, how about when I tell you that Bella and Edward are leaving tonight?"

Ana pretends to think for a moment before she grins. "It'll be nice to not have Edward invading everybody's privacy at all times," she points out. Jasper can't help but agree.

Not that Anastasia will have much time to enjoy it. Esme and Rosalie are going on 'Girl's Weekend' tomorrow and invited Ana to tag along. Alice and her girlfriend are going to some fashion show so they can't come, and Anastasia would've felt bad to decline the offer.

Especially, because Jasper asked her to go.

He sighs noticing her switch in emotions, knowing immediately what it's about.

"I'm sure it will be fun. Esme will probably be curious, but she knows to respect people's boundaries and Rosalie knows to do the same," he points out. "I know that. Doesn't mean I'm excited to be stuck in a car with them for hours."

Jasper kisses the top of her head in response. She needs to go, it's incredibly important for her to do so.

--- -- -

"You need to tell me why we're doing this again?" Emmett deadpans as he carries a carpet out of Anastasia's house that night. "She loves that house but at the same time, she hates anything to do with it," Jasper shoots him an annoyed look, throwing tons of cigarettes and cigars on the pile they've made in the backyard. "So what? You burn everything to do with it?" "Yes."

Esme and Jasper sat together a few times to get everything they'll need to redecorate the house and with a little bit of blackmailing, Antonina helped them by telling them what Ana likes or doesn't like. He ordered it and made sure it gets delivered tomorrow, so they can at least build some of it.

Jasper decided to leave her and Antonina's room, the library and the kitchen as it is but everything else will be thrown out today and replaced tomorrow.

"Couldn't you've just bought her a necklace?" Emmett raises a brow at him, his eyes flying to Antonina, who is playing tea party with her dolls. "I did. In case she doesn't like it."

"If she doesn't like it, you'll need more than just a necklace."

Jasper rolls his eyes but can't help but worry. The whole reason he's doing this is to offer her a place to feel safe at. She isn't the biggest fan of the Cullen's household, especially whenever Isabella is over. Plus, sometimes she can't bear to see her sister – usually out of guilt. But she also can't come here because every memory she gets whenever she sees the place is a bad one.

Jasper was hoping that redecorating, getting everything her father owned out of it, will at least make it a little better. He's hoping it will become a safe place for her like it was always supposed to be.

Sighing, he turns to the liquor bottles and grabs as many as he can to add them to the pile of things to burn.

He would've sold some of the stuff, but he was almost certain Ana wouldn't want any money coming from her father's worse traits. Coming from his worst moments and her deepest pain.

--- -- - -- ---

Good old filler chapters