NINE

"Are you sure you want to travel on already? You've barely been here for a week," Charlotte asks, standing in Peter's embrace as they watch Anastasia, who is already sitting on the bike, waiting for Jasper, who's saying goodbye to his friends. 

She made a weird handshake gesture with Charlotte earlier instead of hugging them and Peter gave her one of those bro hugs, she wasn't fast enough to wiggle out of. 

Watching him do the same to Jasper, she smiles slightly when he winks at her. 

Jasper walks back over to her, shooting her a look and she rolls her eyes while scooting back, letting him climb on his bike in front of her. 

"So, where are we going now?" Anastasia holds onto his waist. "We can go wherever you want," he replies. "I wanna go to Italy or Greece," she shrugs, grinning innocently when he turns over his shoulder to look at her. 

"Then we'll go there," he means simply and starts to drive. "But we'll need to stop in New Orleans and meet up with an old... partner of mine," he adds. 

Sneaking her arms fully around his waist, interlocking her fingers in front of him, she leans her cheek against his back, closing her eyes in an attempt to relax a little. Jasper smiles at that, taking a moment to lay his hand on hers before focusing back on the road ahead.

He has already called J. Jenks, who will meet them to sort out some financial stuff. And they'll need to buy tons of sunscreen and foundation, preferably powdered ones to cover their exposed skin in order not to sparkle. But then they should be good to travel to Europe, Greece first. 

He knows Greece is more important to Anastasia than Italy is and he isn't sure how long Edward's temper tantrum will work, so Greece first. They can always visit Italy at some other time. 

They have eternity to travel the world. Together. And he plans on showing her every last corner it has to offer. Hell, he'll swim the seas and walk on the bottom of the oceans to make sure they won't miss anything. He will make sure she sees everything there is to see, he'll make sure to give her everything she might want. 

His lips twitch into a smile once more when she turns her head slightly and kisses the space his shirt ends. 

--- -- -

Parking in front of the café he is supposed to meet Jenks, Anastasia decides to wait outside, getting more comfortable as she calls Emmett.

"Evening, spitfire. How's cowboy boy treating you?" he picks up. Rolling her eyes, Ana frowns when she feels her face relax. Damnit. "Jas is fine. How's Tanzania?" she replies. "Hot, sparkling. But, it's fine," he shrugs even though she can't see it. 

"Is that Ana?" she can hear Antonina ask from somewhere around Emmett and smiles to herself. 

"Hi, Ana," Antonina grins as Emmett picks her up and he puts her on speaker. "Hi, Nina. Are you liking Africa?" "Emmett tried to wrestle an elephant but Rosie stopped him," Antonina deadpans. 

Chuckling a little, Anastasia smiles happily, continuing to listen to Antonina, who tells her about everything they did last week. 

"I miss you," she eventually speaks up. "Why can't you come?"

"I miss you, too, Nina. But we'll see each other again really soon, I promise. And then you can tell me about all the other things you've experienced with Emmett and Rosalie," Anastasia sighs. 

How could she possibly explain to her sweet little sister, she can't be with her because the chance of her freaking out and accidentally killing her is just too big? And no matter how she rephrases it, she is going to end up breaking her sister's or her own heart while doing so.

"I love you," Antonina means after a moment. "I love you, too," Ana smiles.

"I love you two, too," Emmett chirms in. "Oh, shut up," Anastasia rolls her eyes, the fond smile never leaving her face, only growing when Jasper makes his way back over to her. 

He swiftly stands in between her legs, kissing her softly before turning to the phone.

"Hi, Nina," he means. "Hi, Jazzy," Emmett replies in a high-pitched voice, a fit of giggles escaping Antonina's lips at that. "How're you doin', little girl?" Jasper smirks a little. "Enjoying the little princess costume Alice and Rosalie bought for ya?" 

"It's amazing, fits perfectly," Emmett continues to play along, much to the joy of Antonina.

"We gotta head out, Jenks booked us a flight to Athens in two hours," Jasper turns to Anastasia, whose eyes widen at that. "I thought you were joking." "I'm never joking."

"It's true. Humour and jokes are foreign to the cowboy boy," Emmett chirms in.

"Aw, don't be sad just because someone tells you how it is, Emmett boy," Anastasia fake pouts. "You're just not funny."

"I'll be hanging up now," Emmett speaks in a flat voice. "But know, you just broke a little girl's heart."

"Bye bye, Ana," Antonina means. "Bye, Nina."