TWENTY-FIVE

"Your favourite colour?" Jasper asks Anastasia, the girl throwing her head back with a sigh. "Dark red. When are you leaving?" her reply is short, her voice indifferent as her eyes narrow at him.  

They have been playing this stupid game of twenty questions for a whole of ten minutes now, Anastasia refusing to participate until she realised he won't stop until she answers. 

"Not any time soon. If you could move anywhere you wanted, where would you go?" Jasper ignores her blatant rudeness. "Norway or Scotland," Anastasia tells him after a second. "Or Romania."

"Do you have an off switch that gets you to sleep or something?" "No." he shoots her a look before thinking for a moment. "The last place you'd ever move to?" Jasper eventually asks. "Forks." "Doesn't count, you live here already." "Don't know. Somewhere I sweat," she shrugs. 

"Can we stop?" "No. Favourite season of the year?" "Winter."

This goes on for a little while longer and while Jasper gets to know surprisingly much about her, she doesn't get to know a thing about him. She doesn't want to, or maybe she does and just doesn't like to admit it.  

But eventually, they are forced to stop when her stomach lets out a rumble. 

"Why don't you ever eat?" Anastasia asks him while making her dinner. "I do eat," he retorts, tensing up the slightest bit. "No, you don't. You spent your breaks in the library and you haven't eaten a crumb ever since you got here," she points out. "Carlisle brought me something while you were asleep," Jasper defends himself, Anastasia, obviously not believing it. 

--- - ---

"What music?" Antonina asks Emmett as he goes to put in a CD. "Queen. Ever heard of them?" he turns to her for a second. 

She has just come out of the bathtub, Rosalie supervising to make sure nothing happens. Antonina is dressed in one of the little cozy onesies - Tinkerbell. Alice has ordered it and while Antonina was pouting over the fact Emmett got the peter pan one at first, she eventually grew to like it. Insisted on wearing it and cried until Emmett agreed to wear his as well. 

He kind of loves it. 

"I'm Queen," she turns to look at him, her bottom lip stuck out. "That you are, your majesty," he grins. "May I have this dance?" he holds his hand out, the tunes of 'Killer Queen' echoing through his room. 

Taking her hands, he picks he is careful to move them back and forth, making sure they always point in opposite directions. Moving his feet to the beat, Antonina copies him, giggling when he twirls her around before letting go of her hands completely, both of them now dancing freely and rather comically through the room. 

A big smile on Emmett's face and delightful giggles falls from Antonina's lips. 

They dance through two songs, taking the third to relax on the bed before they continue, Antonina now sitting on Emmett's hips as he moves for the both of them.

It's how Rosalie finds them, it's what she takes a video of to send to Jasper and it's what makes her smile before leaving them two alone. They are in a world of their own and she has no reason to disturb them. 

--- - ---

"Here," Jasper slides his phone to Anastasia as she is eating her dinner, her movements freezing for a second the moment her eyes fall onto the small screen. 

He keeps a close watch on her emotions, glancing down at the table in front of her as his gift notices the deep sadness settling in her heart. 

Anastasia doesn't comment a word, simply pushes the phone back to him and continues to eat. 

--- - ---

Hey guys,

so this is a VERY short chapter and I am truly sorry for that but I haven't felt the best this week. 

I will try to make the next one longer and actually move onwards with the plot because I feel like I'm just postponing at this point.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this story so far

I hope you are having a great day and I hope you will have an amazing week!