Chapter fourteen

"Mattie bro! Our planes landed at like, exactly same time! How cool is that?"
I commented, pretending that I definitely didn't waste a whole ten minutes looking for the guy.

I placed a hand in his shoulder and headed towards the front entrance.

"Don't worry bro, I called France and he said he'd be here in a few." I said happily, and told him about my totally awesome trip.

"So I was hanging in New York, and this guy comes up to me tossing a knife in his hands, and I'm holding nothing and have nothing right, and I'm like, you sure you wanna do this? And he's like, 'give me your money you punk!' And I'm like, 'what is this, the 90's?' So I punch him square in the nose and he's bawling and I walk away and it was fucking HILARIOUS!' I laughed.

We went to a bench to sit down as I continued to talk. He sighed a lot during that whole experience. Was he even listening?! Like, rude. 'Course, now I know why he wasn't, but that's not until hella later.

I talked a bit more when I noticed Dad's car parking in a vacant space. I tensed, (as did Mattie), and we reluctantly headed to the car. I put our bags in the trunk and sat in the back with Mattie. There's no way in hell am I sitting up there with that...guy.

"Er...hello boys." He said as he turned towards us, which I totally avoided eye contact by the way.

I didn't bother with a hello. More like, hell-NO. Haha get it? Anyway, Matt stared out the window while murmuring a quiet 'Hey dad.' Dad caught the tension and turned around again. We headed off, obviously with uncomfortable silence, when I noticed Canada fell asleep.

Oh helllll nah! I ain't talking to that....guy. So, I put in my earbuds and quietly rocked out when my mind drifted off. First things first, I'm texting Japan, second thing is I'm visiting Japan, and thirdly I'm gonna barricade myself in my room and not come out until Dad realizes he's a big fat jerk.

Yeah. Sounds like a good plan to me.
~
"Yo! Canada dude, get up!" I commanded, as he groaned a bit and sat up.

"C-Can't you be a little more quiet." He squeaked while rolling his eyes.

I ignored that comment and already decidedly left the car. Dude could be too quiet sometimes, but eh. He's a good brother anyway. And besides, I was NOT gonna let myself be in the car alone with that...guy. I grabbed my bag and headed up the porch.

"Oh Mathieu!" Papa yelled, tackling Matt in a huge hug.

'He's not your only son but whatevs' I thought grouchily.

They talked a bit and Papa said something about it being quiet without us, and him laughing at whatever Mattie said. I headed upstairs and threw my bag towards my bed. It missed.

"Man. I gotta work on my aim! You'd think basketball would be in my blood or something." I frowned.

"Better text Japan-" I stopped, my ears twitching.

"What." I said, my eyes lighting up at the sweet sound of the word.

I ran from my room and fricken stampeded down the stairs.

"PRESENTS? BRO. SHOW ME." I announced, diving into the couch.

"H-how did you hear me..?" He asked, unsure.
"Bro. I'm the hero! I hear all and see all!" I smirked, and tried ripping the suitcase away from him. I failed.

"C-Can't you wait for Britain?" He muttered and unzipped his bag.

I frowned and stared at his suitcase. "Whatever bro."

Speaking of the devil douche, he strolled through the still open door and closed it behind him tightly. Whoops.

"Don't you bloody know how to close the door?" He hissed and sat in his fave chair.

I turned away from agin and Mattie handed everyone our presents. I ripped it open immediately as Matt muttered a tiny 'h-here.'

"Whoa! Dude, this is awesome!" I said, hopping up and down as I held the new indie horror game a friend of mine played.

The dude ROCKS at these games. His names Ryan and he lives down in California. He plays all these games for his YouTube channel, which is cool to me because nobody has actually seen his face other than his friends (aka me) and his family! Which is pretty cool, and the games he plays are AWESOME, so I know I'm gonna have a great time with this one.

Anyway, sorry getting off topic. Then England got all emotional over a fricken teapot, which is completely stupid really. I mean, it's a teapot, not a fucking child-
K sorry, I forgot I shouldn't swear here much. Sorry to all the lovely ladies out there. Well, I bet you swear more than me, (which is pretty hot btw), so yeah sorry.

Then Papa said "Oh....oh my goodness Canada." After holding a bottle of wine somewhere down in Nova Scotia. I think it's a province but I have no idea.

Matt responded shyly, saying how he knew papa always loved wine and that Matt had it made for Papa, which is really sweet of the guy. I went for a hug for Matt, which I guess is what everyone else was thinking because we all went at once.

And as I felt my family hugging each other, for one second I took back everything I thought bad about Dad, and during it I thought of how we felt like a real family that moment.
Just one second, and then it was gone.