Chapter twenty

"Hey? What do ya got there Mattie?" I asked as we cleaned up the little bits of the wrapping paper.

I wasn't really interested, I just kept staring at the silver band, my heart thumping, barely hearing his response.

"Hmm? O-Oh nothing." He responded as he shoved more paper in the garbage bag.

I rose an eyebrow and put Japan's number in my new phone. Matt went upstairs with his presents as I stayed down here, continuing to stare. I quickly picked up my phone and headed upstairs for a bit, and decidedly to call him.

He musta been waiting by the phone too, 'cause he picked up on the first ring. I kept my old number which would make sense, but still, I loved it.

"Babe?" I said, grinning.

"Oh! Hey America...how are you-""

"I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you!!" I giggled, jumping up a bit before composing myself.

I cleared my throat and smiled.

I felt like he got all red, 'cause he muttered an I 'rove' you back. I kissed the band again, before we continued to talk a bit more.

"I have one too, they came as a match so I figured..." He mumbled.

"It's perfect, really Japan. I love it so much." I sighed contently.

"Werr... I mean...I saw them and-"

I cut him off again, "Okay, like, when we get married, we're gonna have a huge wedding and we're gonna have roses of red,white and blue and white and red obviously then we're gonna have a huge snack table and-"

His laugh made me stop and I laughed too.

"Sorry, I just...love the idea being married to you."

"I feer the same, don't worry about that. It may take a whire, but, we're going to be married."

"I know. And I wouldn't miss that for the world." I smiled.
~
As I was playing Saints Row, I heard Mattie's door open and close. I figured I may as well bother him for a bit, since I had nothing better to do. I shut off my game and headed out my door, surprised to find Matt in a suit.

I whistled long and loud, causing him to stop as he looked at me in annoyance.

"Well, someone got dolled up." I teased. He rolled his eyes and headed downstairs to grab the keys.

I followed, "So, where are you going for dinner again?" I asked, a little confused.

"You k-know..." He started, a bit hesitant.
"Gilbert? G-Gilbert Beilshmidt?"

I rose an eyebrow, again confused. "Uh...is he like, a country or something?"

He sighed and replied with a small 'yes' "The country Prussia."

Hold the fuck up. HOLD UP WHAT. WHAT. NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS.

"WHAT?! DUDE! WHAT THE HELL?" I yelled as I grabbed his arm fiercely (but not too fiercely or otherwise I could break it), "You can't be serious bro! That douche is your bestie?? What the hell!"

I tugged him away from the front door easily, and he obviously wasn't fighting back. Yet, he got really offensive, but his voice faltered anyway.
"D-Don't call him that!"

I softened my features but kept a stern grip on his arm, "I can't let you see him Mattie."

I started tugging him up the stairs so that we could talk about this more. No way in hell is my brother hanging with that Albino piece of sh-

That's when Mattie got angry! All he did was tug his arm and it slipped between my fingers. How in the hell-

"M-Mattie? Dude, where the hell did that lumberjack strength came from?!" I asked surprised.

He didn't answer and ran out the door. Oh hell no! I sprinted outside and towards the car, but he was already inside and was already starting it. He started to drive fast, oh but I was faster because I gripped the end of the back bumper and lifted it up.
With my right hand of course.

I started tugging the car back to the house and dropped it, gently, back at the driveway. I walked to his window and tapped on the glass.

"Roll the window down Mattie." I said sternly. He shook his head hard and continued to stare straight ahead.

I sighed, doesn't he get it? He's my brother for gods sake! If anything happened to him...
I tapped the glass once more before France called out for me that it was time for Christmas supper.

"Yeah, yeah okay dude!" I called back as I looked back to the window.

"Listen, Mattie, if he tries ANYTHING, you call me right away okay?" I said hurriedly, already smelling the turkeys aroma.

"Y-yeah. Okay Alfred, I promise." I heard him mutter through the glass before he drove away.

I jogged back to the house and rubbed my hands. Oh baby this is gonna be good!
~
I was wrong. What England set in front of me was hell on a plate. No, a DEMON had taken possession of my plate because I swear I just saw something move.

"America! No touching the food now, I know it looks delicious but we must say Grace first." England said sternly.

"Oh I'll be saying my prayers alright." I forced a laugh.

England didn't get it but France sure did, since I felt a swift kick from under the table. I bowed my head and gagged quietly to myself.

"Dear god, bless this food and our lives as your heavenly embrace lets us have what we have here today. May Mother Mary pray for us on this lovely Christmas Day. Amen."

"Amen" I sighed as I stared down at what I think was pieces of a turkey.

"Well! Dig in!" England said quite happily.

France did with no protest, but oh I wanted to protest something. This isn't a meal! It's a god damn gross thing! A thing! And I was forced to pick at this thing and actually eat it.
France was staring me down, so I tentatively took a bite as what I think was potatoes.

"Nope. Nope nope nope definitely not potatoes." I gagged as I stopped myself from throwing up into my napkin.

England ate and drowned his 'potatoes' in some brownish, gooey liquid that so wasn't gravy. I literally wanted to throw up right then and there. France was keeping up the charade really well, because he too drowned his 'potatoes' in the mock-gravy.

"America? Why aren't you eating?" England asked, looking concerned.

I quickly shoved pieces of the burnt Turkey into my mouth.

"I am." I swallowed, trying hard not to shake.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad you like it then!" He said proudly.

Ugh. This was going to be a long Christmas supper.