Chapter four

Memories kept coming back ever since the star-gazing incident, which made me more guilty and angrier before. It was more anger at the world then really Dad. Honestly, I was much more angrier at the fact alcohol even needed to exist.

To make matters worst, Day four rolled around and Kiku decided to announce something 'great' at breakfast that morning.

"Ah, America?" He asked as I ate my bacon.

"Mmmmm?" I mumbled, continuing to chew.

"There's something I have to terr you about." He said quietly as he stared at his share.

"Yeah? M'whats that?" I asked as I continued to shove bacon down my throat.

"Your....father carred this morning, rooking for where you were." He replied with a hesitant tone.

I stopped chewing and became shocked.

"W-What?!" I spluttered out.

"I'm afraid so." He said as he picked as his eggs.

I stared at him for a while, really trying to process what was happening.

"Okay well...." I finally said, breaking the silence.

"Werr what?"

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He was wondering where you were, and how you've been doing." He answered plainly.

""Which....one was it." I asked, keeping my anger down.

"Hmm? Oh! Yes werr, it was France."

Relief flooded through me and I sighed.

"Okay good. Did you say I was here?"

"I'm afraid I did."

"I...see. It's fine, I guess."

I sat back in my chair and stared at my now clean plate. I felt Kiku watching me, but I didn't bother to look up just yet. I twiddled my thumbs absentmindedly and sighed.

"What else did he say?"

"I...uh...I won't rie America, he wants to see you. He invited us to dinner in three days time."

"WHAT??" I shouted, falling out of my chair as my heart raced.

"W-Werr yes, and-"

"You didn't fricken say yes did you?!" I asked with a hint of anger in my voice.

"I-I'm sorry America but I didn't want to be rude-"

"Are you freaking kidding me Japan! You KNOW what's going on between me and them!"

"You can't keep hiding away!" Japan said with a glare.

"If hiding is what I'm good at, then so be it! I ain't goin'!"

"Yes you are. Don't punish your father for your foorish actions!"

"MY FOOLISH ACTIONS?!" I yelled.

"BRITAIN COULD'VE KILLED ME?! AND YOU DARE TO CALL ME FOOLISH?"

"Don't raise your voice America!" Japan cried.

"I'll fucking raise my voice whenever I goddamn feel like it!"

"Not in this househord you won't!" Japan said standing up and pushing his chair away quite angrily.

I realized that I was still on the ground, so I copied his actions.

"It's not like I wanna be here! I could be at home playing video games or something way cooler then this place!" I hissed.

"But you aren't, now are you?" He replied calmly.

His response took me off guard as he continued.

"You aren't at home. You chose to come here instead of facing your father. As much as you disagree with him, you stirr miss the prace that you carr home. Part of you wants to go to the dinner, but you're too scared to think about it too much." He said, standing a bit straighter.

"It's your decision whether to go or not America. It isn't mine." He finished as he spun around and went upstairs, leaving me with the dirty dishes and the empty feeling he left for me.

Dammit. What do Japanese people always have to be good negotiators.

~

The next three days rolled by like they weren't even there. Japan was a bit cold to me during these days, and I felt a little alone during them. So on the day before the dinner, I decided to apologize, like a gentleman I guess.

I walked towards his door and knocked quietly, and I heard soft footsteps trail up to the door.

"Oh...America...herro." He said, staring at the floor.

I cleared my throat and shuffled my feet.

"Yo Japan, ya know, about the other day, s'not like I wanted to yell or anything bro but-"

He held up his hand and gave a little smile.

"It's quite arright America. I'm grad you aporogized."

Yeah well, you know me, a big ol' softie." I said with a chuckle.

He nodded and awkwardly wished me a good night before closing the door back to his bedroom.

"Not much of a talker, aren't chya?" I mumbled to myself and went back to my room, readying myself for the long day ahead.

'Cause knowing Dad, Papa, and Mattie, it isn't gonna be a one with drama-free events. Specifically Dad. And before I went to sleep that night, I could still hear the bottle being smashed onto the floor, and his booming voice telling me to leave. Is history going to repeat itself? I have no idea.