5. Party

"So let's introduce you to Mr Tanner" Elena says rolling her eyes.

"With your reaction I think I should avoid him" I chuckle as we walk to the class.

After spending almost a day with Elena, Jemrey and Jenna I realised that I don't fit in at all with them. I can still talk to Jeremy with ease but Jenna and Elena are slightly too much. They cannot reply without being snarky or emotional about things.

"Come on" she takes my hand and we enter the class. I take the seat in the back as Bonnie and Elena sits in front with Stefan the new hottie.

Really feeling the part of the group here.

Elena got his name last night when he showed up at our door step and then she went out with Bonnie and him to the Grill.

And by the looks of it they both are interested in each other which is amazing. Stefan seems like a nice guy and with him being around Elena, she seems to be happy now.

Soon the class starts too fill and as soon as bell rings Mr. Tanner walks. He has a very grumpy look plastered on his face.

Like someone pissed in his cereal this morning.

He starts to teach us about battle of Willow Creek

"Miss Elena, can you answer this?" he suddenly asks.

"No sir I don't know" she says looking down at her desk.

"Miss Elena, the hall pass of your parents death has been long used so please focus" he smirks at her.

Asshole.

"There were 364 casualties sir if we do not count the civilian casualties" Stefan answers.

"Hah! Only there were no civilian casualties" he smirks again at Stefan and before Stefan can open his mouth I beat him to it, "There were 27 civilian casualties, because soldiers fired at Fell's Church, killing 27 people in the process. It was tragic really. You can check the fact in our city archives" I say in a monotone earring few gaps and 'oohs'

I look at Elena who is smiling at me and I wink at her.

"And who you might be?" Tanner asks in annoyance.

"Now who needs to focus" I say under my breath and I hear Stefan chuckle.

"Something funny Mr Salavtore?" Tanner places his hands on his waist.

"Just something I thought I heard" he answers with a slightly smirk making Tanner look at him in disbelief.

Weird. I am pretty sure I mumbled it.

"So what was that?" Mr. Tanner looks at me again.

"Isla, name is Isla Gilbert" I say loud enough for all the class to hear.

"Well I didn't know Gilbert's had three children" he says stupidly.

"Well now you know" I give him a tight lip smile and rolling my eyes at him.

"Right, so Miss Isla Gilbert tell us about you?" Mr tanner sits on the teachers table giving me a smirk.

"What do you want to know?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Let's start why we never heard about you?"

"Well I moved away from the city when I was nine" I sigh looking him dead in the eye.

"Well why is that, parents weren't happy? Got into some bad business? I won't be surprised as I see the youngest Gilbert, following right in her sisters tracks" he taunts me wiggling his eyebrows.

"No, I got a scholarship at a school" I smirk at him.

"Really? And what school was that?"

"National school of Virginia" my smirk stretches more as his falls.

"But that is impossible" he whispers loud enough for everyone to hear.

"You can check my transfer certificate however you will find them in school archives instead of the city hall" I say and the whole class starts to laugh.

He clears his throat and ignores my comment and start to teach again.

The bell rings and I quickly sling my bag over my shoulder and take my books in one hand clutching them to my chest.

I walk outside of the classroom and wait for Elena and Bonnie. Few seconds later they come with Stefan trailing behind them.

"Isla, this is Stefan and Stefan this Isla my older sister" Elena introduces us and I extend my hand to shake, he gladly accepts the gesture.

"Nice to meet you" I give him a small smile.

"Likewise, so you are coming this evening right?" He asks me.

"Again no idea what is happening this evening" I chuckle looking at Elena.

"Again I am not telling you, you will see on your own" she says and locks her arm onto Stefan's.

Okay then.

"Fine, I am just gonna skip the rest of the day as I don't have anything important now" I inform her.

"Then what you gonna do?" Bonnie asks.

"No clue, probably go to the Grill and start work" I shrug as all three of them nod. "So later guys" I wave walking away from them.

"Make sure you be at home at six" I hear Elena yell.

"I will try" I yell back.

I exit the school building and start to jog towards Mystic Grill. After few minutes of jogging I reach the teal green building. I push the glass doors open and aroma of coffee hits me.

"I was waiting for you" I hear Chris voice and I scan the cafe too see him leaning against the bar counter.

"Hey!" I smile at him. I walk towards the bar and remove the straps of my backpack from my shoulder. I keep my bag onto the counter and zip it open and pull the file containing my information.

"Here you go" I had him the black file and he takes it from my hands.

He quickly scans the documents, "I'll be right back, please sit" he gesture towards the empty bar stool.

I hop onto the stool my feet slightly dangling due to the lack of height.

I sit there with my chin in palm of my head and my elbow resting in the counter after like ten minutes he comes back with a plastic bag in one hand and my file in other. He hands me back the file.

"I just entered your information in our system" he answers my unasked question, he continues, "And this will be your uniform, a t-shirt and a black apron and you can wear any bottom" he tells me.

"Okay then" I take the packet from his hands.

"You can start from now on" he smiles at, "that's the women washroom you can change in there" he points towards the corner. 

"But I have to leave-" before I can complete my sentence he cuts me off, "Yeah I know, you students do a back to school party at the falls so don't worry you can leave at 5:30 p.m." he tells me.

A party huh? Well that solves the mystery.

"Alright I am gonna change" I open the packet pulling out the apron and a blue shirt.

I go to the women's bathroom to change. I lock the wooden door behind me and take off my black shirt and hang it onto the door handle. I wear the blue shirt and and tie the black apron around my waist. I take my shirt from the handle and unlock the door, walking out.

I walk towards the bar counter where I placed my backpack. I stuff the empty packet and my shirt in and zip it.

"You can keep your bag behind the bar counter" Chris suddenly pops up from behind.

"Okay" I walk behind the counter and place my bag underneath with another bag.

"Okay so you are ready, lets show you where everything is" Chris gives me a warm smile and start to instruct me.

-------------

Status: unedited