24. Darius

I parked Damon's car in space I used to park mine. I cut off the engine and get out of the car locking it behind me.

Me saying that I am mentally exhausted would be understatement of the century, last night both the Salvatore brothers barged into the house arguing. Damon has killed Mr Taner during the football match.

When I asked him why he did it, fury takes over his eyes and he pushed me hard making me lose my balance, scarping my knee and I fall on my side.

Stefan comes to help me up but I brush him off and told him I don't need his help and for some reason that angered him and he spat at me that I shouldn't trust Damon and he is nothing but a monster and he vanishes after few seconds later.

I sat there trying to wrap my head around what just happened but suddenly I feel someone lifting me up only to see Damon, clenching and unclenching his jaw as he takes me to his room.

He places me onto the bed and treats my knee without looking at me. When I asked him why he did what he did, he mumbles out that he needed to prove Stefan wrong and his thoughts that Damon is a nice guy.

I give him an annoyed expression which made him chuckle.

And again this morning Stefan warned me how Damon is just using me and will be done with me when his job is done at which I simply rolled my eyes.

For what I have learned so far in my life, as far as that bad person is treating me with respect and kindness he is a good person in my books no matter how he treats another person because you never really know the whole story.

Every coin has two sides.

But the thing is these two can never be on the same page both of them too much of ego and little to no understanding and patience. They are going to bicker every single second, so I have decided I am gonna look for a place today and shift today itself because I cannot get caught in cross fire between the Salvatore brothers.

Moreover early morning, I went to get somethings from the Gilbert house only to find Jenna sitting on the dining table throwing glares at me. I raise my eyebrow in question and that did it for her and she started yelling. Asking me where I was, how can I not inform anyone about my whereabouts and if I am living under her roof there are rules to be followed and how irresponsible I am.

She wasn't wrong and I understand she had concerns but I am used to going out without anyone worrying about me plus I am adopted and not like gives two fucks about someone she met five days ago so that ticked me off and I ended up telling her that I will be moving today so she don't have to worry about me which in result she started to scold me more, what my parents will think and stuff and in return I ended up telling her that I am adopted which shut her up and then it dawned on me she knew it too. I just scoff at her and make my way towards the room I was staying in and collect the thing is needed and made the beeline for the exit.

It is truly best that  I live alone.

After school I will go back to Gilbert house and grab my savings that I have hidden under a broken floor board in my room and look for places.

Damon can't really go out because Stefan hasn't returned his ring yet so he won't need his car until late.

I make my way inside the school and towards History. I greet Elena and I glance towards Stefan who is sitting next to her.

Okay then I see they are back together.

I sit back behind the class and wonder who is gonna be the next teacher as Mr Tanner is six feet underground.

He will going down in the history books.

Too soon?

Few seconds later a dude walked in, in his mid twenties I think. At least he looked modern.

"Hello everyone I am Alaric your new history teacher" he introduces himself and writes his name on the board and tell us how not to pronounce his name.

After learning about cold war, the day majorly passed by in blur. Finally during the end of the school I make my way towards Damon's car and start to drive towards the real state agent office.

He was an old man but he was polite and kind enough to give me a lot of options in my budget. The most appealing was a loft which is literally situated in the middle of the Mystic Falls which makes it super easy for me to commute to all the places.

So we decided to visit that one only and honestly I absolutely loved it. It had rustic vibe to it, floor to celling was wooden panelling with large windows and it was oddly large for such small price.

The moment when I walked through the door I was hit with cool wind and a lot of light. The walls were painted in concrete colour making it look like open cement, there was a lot of walking space but basic furniture that I need already placed, and apparently the furniture was brand new.

Without any second thoughts I tell the old man to final the deal with this one and he immediately pulled out paper work saying that this unit is immediately available and I can pay him tomorrow.

When I told him I would wanna rent the place instead of buying he insisted that I buy it plus he gave me an option to pay him in instalments and honestly I don't think I am gonna get better deal than this well at least as high school student who works in a cafe.

I signed up the paper immediately and now I have my own freaking place! With my name on the deed!

Holy Shit!

I take the keys from him and take the original paperwork leaving him with a copy. I quickly drive to Gilbert house and knock on the door.

Jeremy opens the door and in blink of an eye he pulls me into a hug. "I am sorry" he mumbles in my neck. I pat his back.

"Well you can tell how sorry you are by helping me move" I tell him excitedly.

"Wait you are going back?" he asks in shock.

I shake my head no, "I have gotten a place nearby, I can't live with people" I give him a small smile and he reluctantly nods.

"Don't you go blaming yourself" I scold him and he nods at me again.

"Well whose car is this" he looks behind me.

"That is Damon's car, mine got stolen" I slip in a lie and get inside slightly pushing past him. I make my way upstairs and remove the broken floorboard. I grab my wallet and other valuables. I pick up the board to cover the hole again but my eyes land on a worn out leather that I have missed the first time I put my thing in there. I pick up the brown diary in confusion.

I unwrap the string that is holding the leather and pages together. I carefully remove the string and my eyes widen as I look at the first letters.

To Isla Darius from Miranda Gilbert.

"Hey I bought some bags" Jermey walks in making me quickly wrap the string again and I shove the dairy in my backpack with the wallet.

"Awesome!" I tell and grab the bags from his hand making a beeline towards my wardrobe.