41. Wolfsbane

I run inside towards Damon's room to see Elena standing away from the bed while Damon is sitting next to Rose, trying to sooth her.

"Here" I fast walk towards the bed. Damon lifts her up, she lets out a yelp making me cringe internally.

I place the glass on her lips and she drinks the whole water in one breath. A satisfied groan leaves her lips plus her face relaxed a bit, as she slowly lies down on the bed.

She is relaxed now.

"Where did you get it?" Damon questions in whisper.

"It is not freshly cut wolfsbane but this potion is effective as such" I hand him the test tube and he takes it from.

"One drop in a full glass of water" I instruct.

"How-"

"I have my ways" I give him a small smile and glance towards Elena who is standing awkwardly.

"I will drop you home" I suddenly say in her direction. She snaps her eyes towards me, slightly nodding.

"Take care" I squeeze Damon's shoulder, walking outside his room.

Elena catches up to me, walking side-by-side.

"Are you okay?" she asks with concern.

"Of course why wouldn't I be?" I turn my head slightly towards her.

"You know last night I-"

"Don't worry about it" I give her a tight lip smile.

We get into Damon's car and drive off towards the Gilbert House. I parked right in front of the pathway to see a little silhouette of man standing on the front entrance.

"Who-" I remove my seat belt and get out of the car with Elena right on my tail.

As we approach the figure it turns out to be a man with light brown-blonde hair.

"John" Elena huffs out, I glance at her and her expressions her of murder.

He ignores Elena and turns towards me, "And you are?" he scans me from head to toe.

"Isla" I introduce myself.

"Isla Gilbert?" he asks in shock.

"In the flesh, what you weren't expecting me to be here?" I tilt my head.

"Ugh no-no nothing like that, just you were nine when we-I last saw you" he stutters out.

"I am John Gilbert, you probably don't know me-"

"You are Elena's biological farther, I know" I cut him which took him by surprise.

"So you are aware of things" he eyes me and I nod at him.

"Anyway it is pretty late I should be getting going" I turn towards Elena, giving her a side hug.

"Why do you mean? you don't live here?" John asks.

"Nope, I don't never felt like I belonged in the family you know so staying here didn't felt right" I smirk and he takes a sharp breath.

He knows that I know.

"Later Elena" I bid her goodbye completely ignoring John as I walk towards the car.

-/-

"And we can place the bed there" I point all my fingers in the middle of the room. Right I am back at Darius's estate- my home and Atticus is following behind me with a notepad and a pen.

Last night Rose asked Damon to kill her as it was inevitable and keeping her alive is just prolonging her misery, since then Damon has been reckless and finally I get to know that Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf now, he triggered his curse during masquerade ball and since then Caroline has been helping him and when today he found out Caroline has been lying to him about his brother living status with the identities of other vampires, things went south between them before school and during lunch she rambled to us about it. When I asked why I don't have the knowledge of this they assumed that I would know. Which made me mad, my emotions spiralled out of control which made very single condiment container go pop, scaring the day lights out of everyone.

For some reason Bonnie took it up on herself saying that she has been practising with Luka to get stronger she might've let a bit off power not checked which seeped through and Luka apparently is a new witch kid in school.

Probably the witch Elijah was talking about because their timings of appearance is too coincidental.

When I asked Atticus about it he gave me example of turbulence and when I asked him how he knows about it he just replied with Internet. 

"Alright and what about the color palate you are going for?" Atticus cutting me out of my daze.

"We will keep it plain white with touches of gold" I answer him.

It is apparently one of the guests bedroom, we haven't even gotten on the second floor.

I have been through about three bedrooms already and Atticus said only one master used to live downstairs and he had the room at the end of the hallway on the opposite near the library which we haven't even gotten, heck we haven't even gotten to end of this hallway.

This estate needs a lot of work, electricity lines, water pipelines and everything modern.

I thought it will take time but apparently Atticus has compelled a lot of people to start the work as soon as I am done with the room so my guess is he will get the whole estate renovated by the end of the month.

"Well that is for today" I turn towards the window, the sky has been painted black already.

"I should get going" I turn to Atticus, "I will drop you, today for the first time you lost control it is better I get you home safe" he says.

"I will be fine-" I was cut off when an old oil lamp blasted off.

I give Atticus a sheepish smile, he playfully rolls his at me vanishing out of the room, he comes back with my water bottle in his hand, "Drink" he instructs.

I start to take small sips as he kneeled out in front of me. I hop on his bag and he runs towards the car.

I find myself sitting in passenger seat, I look towards him and he is grinning at me, "I learned driving yesterday" he states proudly.

-/-

I told Atticus to drive towards Salvatore boarding house so I can check up on Damon. He parks the car in the driveway. I exit the car and so does Atticus.

Before I can ask him he answers my question, "It is time I meet all of your friends Miss Isla, introduce me as your friend from your old school."

"Sure" I nod.

We enter the home only to be greeted y smell of blood. I scrunch my nose turning towards Atticus who is sniffing the air. "It is vampire blood" he informs me, making my eyes wide.

I rush inside to see tens of people standing around a bloodied Damon, who is tied to a chair.

"Hey" he grumbles giving me a side smirk.

My blood is boiling I want all of them to explode especially that Jules but not before I question her. That boy with a the cap too who is proudly standing next to her, wanna keep him for last to give them the most painful death.

Suddenly blood splattered everywhere painting the walls, one by one they all pop. A hand clasps down on my shoulder making me blink furiously, I see Jules looking at me in horror. 

Sudden fatigue takes over my body and I faint.